M4 Conversion for F32 - Page 2 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation BMW 3 Series Sedan F30/F31/F34 and the first first generation 4 Series Coupe F32/F33/F36. Get the latest 3 and 4 series pricing from our ordering and pricing guide sticky thread.

Old 04-02-2015, 02:48 AM

Mein Auto: 2017 VW GTI Sport MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by glideslope View Post
Exactly what I mean by being close-minded. I'm not a teenager. I find your assumptions hilarious and a total lack of judgement on your part for someone who you don't even know. I'm a grown-up, you must be extremely old then.
You've been here long enough to know that this thread was not going to go well from the start. Please refrain from any more insults. That goes for everyone in this thread.
Old 04-02-2015, 04:13 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 435i F33 M Sport Verte
Quote:
Originally Posted by badreligion702 View Post
The M4 is literally a different car. I am pretty sure the only parts that are the same are the doors and the headlights. Your F32 will never look like an F82. It is a silly goal, to say the least.
When I was at the Munich factory two plus weeks ago our guide pointed out that for the M cars manufactured there they use different hoods which are manufactured from aluminum instead of sheet metal. However, it did not sound like there was a lot of difference for the other body parts. The OP's project might not be as challenging as it would first seem especially if he shops the car auctions and finds wrecked M cars from which to pull the parts and has access to a good body shop.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:11 AM
Reregistered User

Mein Auto: 09 E93 335i somewhat mod
Quote:
Poser? I could get an M4 if I wanted to but it's not practical to me since I won't be tracking the car or be using it to it's full potential. We all have our reasons. I like the exterior styling of the M4, but does that mean I can't mod my car to get the look that I want?

Yes - that's about it. See without M4 suspension and a power boost, that bumper communicates a false impression.

>SNIFF!<

You redeem yourself somewhat by refraining from M4 badges, but still bear the mark of the poseur!

May be too late now, but be aware: M4's performance is felt at all speeds, and is very pleasing on the street even entirely within posted speeds. Good JuJu....

Last edited by CALWATERBOY DUE; 04-02-2015 at 07:27 AM.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:25 AM

Mein Auto: Nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALWATERBOY DUE View Post
Yes - that's about it. See without M4 suspension and a power boost, that bumper communicates a false impression.

>SNIFF<

You redeem yourself somewhat by refraining from M4 badges, but still bear the mark of the poseur!

Am I suppose to be offended by that? I'm not doing it for the performance. I could care less about power boost. The 435i is more than good enough. Try harder next time.

Last edited by glideslope; 04-02-2015 at 08:09 AM.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:35 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 335i xDrive
Why don't you just buy an Audi s5? I'm joking, anyways I agree, if people are going to comment to insult someone then do it on bimmerpost not here..

I think you are better off going to a highly rated/reviewed body shop and get a consultation from them. I personally think any parts you put will cheapen the look of it as the 435 already looks marvelous. I'm sure no one has tried it here otherwise we would have seen pics so you may just be the first one! Good luck!
Old 04-02-2015, 07:36 AM
Reregistered User

Mein Auto: 09 E93 335i somewhat mod
Quote:
Am I suppose to be offended by that? I'm not doing it for the performance. I could care less about power boost. The 435i is good more than enough. Try harder next time.

Dude! Applicable word: Amused
Old 04-02-2015, 07:37 AM
///Monkeyazz Duck

Mein Auto: 540i; 428 GC; Twin X1's
I am secretly hoping this whole thread was just an April Fool's joke, and we've all been powned. But on the off chance the OP was serious, my comments:

OP, if you want to act like a total douche, come on a forum and make derogatory remarks to people who have been here a long time, that is certainly your prerogative. If you want to p*ss away money on mods that will make every BMW fan instantly think "Poseur" when they see your car, that's your prerogative, too. And it's our prerogative to call you out on both. Tarting up a 428 to pretend it's an ///M car is always met with derision: the owner is inevitably seen in the same light as a guy with hair plugs, platform heels and a pepperoni in his pants, telling the girls at the bar he's a Navy SEAL.

That's how the internet works. If you're not feeling the love, please go away. And whatever you do, please don't come back here and post pictures of your poseurmobile once you've butchered it.

Current BMW's:
2017 540i MSport
2016 428 GC MSport
2015 X1 28i xDrive
2015 X1 35i xDrive

Prior BMW's
2014 535i MSport
2014 328i SportWagon
2011 535ix MSport
2011 X5 35D
2008 ///M3 Vert
2008 X5 3.0
2007 X5 3.0
2006 X5 3.0
2006 550iA SP
2003 540iA M-Technic
Old 04-02-2015, 07:57 AM

Funny to see how some of you like to waste your time with mindless insults and comments that offers no benefit for the community. This mod has already been done by a few people already. I'm not the first. How am I being a douche? I came here asking for help with a conversion. Tell me what's so douchey about that. I wouldn't even much talk, you're not any better by insulting new members on here either. Let those of us who want to spend money on whatever that makes us happy. I could care less about what other people think of me. I'm doing this for myself. After all it's my car, my money. If you're bothered by that, maybe you're the one who needs to go away and not read this thread if it bothers you that much. And btw, you don't speak for every BMW user.

Last edited by glideslope; 04-02-2015 at 08:03 AM.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:23 AM

Mein Auto: 2017 VW GTI Sport MT
Quote:
Funny to see how some of you like to waste your time with mindless insults and comments that offers no benefit for the community. This mod has already been done by a few people already. I'm not the first. How am I being a douche? I came here asking for help with a conversion. Tell me what's so douchey about that. I wouldn't even much talk, you're not any better by insulting new members on here either. Let those of us who want to spend money on whatever that makes us happy. I could care less about what other people think of me. I'm doing this for myself. After all it's my car, my money. If you're bothered by that, maybe you're the one who needs to go away and not read this thread if it bothers you that much. And btw, you don't speak for every BMW user.
Calm down or I will lock the thread. I already suggested you knew how this would go when you made this post. It's well known that our members tend to frown on this sort of modification. If you are going to make this kind of post, expect to get some grief and have a thicker skin. You've received some good information here. Use those threads as a positive and helpful experience.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:27 AM

Mein Auto: 428xi EBII M-Sport
BJ would have a field day with this thread, haha.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:31 AM

Maybe you need to direct that to the ones being disrespectful to others. All I did was ask a question, and no I did not know that there would be such closed minded people here. I thought this was a friendly and open forum where we can discuss and ask questions if we ever needed help or advice about anything. I didn't once think it would end up being like this. Oh well, I'll look for a better forum where people can be more respectful to others and are able to offer help without making insults.

Last edited by glideslope; 04-02-2015 at 10:24 AM.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:48 AM
Pedant and Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: 335d, 328d, Toyota T100
Quote:
Maybe you need to direct that to the ones being disrespectful to others. All I did was ask a question, and no I did not know that there would be such closed minded people here. I thought this was a friendly and open forum where we can discus and ask questions if we ever needed help or advice about anything. I didn't once think it would end up being like this. Oh well, I'll look for a better forum where people can be more respectful to others and are able to offer help without making insults.
Bimmerforums is very inactive for F3x.
F30post is your best bet, but you're going to get c%^& there, too. You're looking for something that doesn't really exist. People are down with PERFORMANCE modifications, but yours aren't in that category.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:44 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 F30
Its all direct bolt on with the front pieces. The rear not so much. To get the rear fenders you would have to do a lot of cutting and welding. I don't don't consider it posing as long as you don't stick M4 badges all over it. And yes F30Post is the better area over there for these things. Its your car and you paid a lot of money for it. Just be careful on what you mod, because the more you do, the less the car will be worth when you want to sell it in the future. Keep the mods to simple bolt-on types so you can return it back to stock when you want to sell it. They do have M4 replica bumpers now that fit the F30/32 where you do not have to change the fenders. You might want to look into that. Save a ton of money and the 99% of the people would not notice your fenders are not as flared as the M series.

And personally speaking, I am not sure if you have the M-sport or not, but the 4 series M sport bumper is just as good looking as the M4 bumper, especially if you get the lip. If you do not have the M-sport the conversion is really simple as well.

Last edited by Dippydo; 04-02-2015 at 09:49 AM.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:46 AM

Mein Auto: 428xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Schott View Post
Calm down or I will lock the thread. I already suggested you knew how this would go when you made this post. It's well known that our members tend to frown on this sort of modification. If you are going to make this kind of post, expect to get some grief and have a thicker skin. You've received some good information here. Use those threads as a positive and helpful experience.
You really should be directing that to all the people that are belittling this guy for asking a question. But I guess we know where you stand on the issue.

OP, goto f30 post, there are a few threads there by people that have done this or are doing it, trying PMing those guys to get some advice.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:20 AM

Mein Auto: 2017 F82 M4
OP, don't worry about it, most of these guys are just bitter they spent $50k on a car with a 4 cyl engine. They easily get all snippy and judgmental...
it's called myenginesoundslikealawnmower syndrome. Don't take it personally

Would love to see some before and after picks if you get the conversion done, enjoy!
BMWCCA #495455
2017 F82 M4 ZCP
Old 04-02-2015, 10:25 AM
Worlds Foremost Authority

Mein Auto: M4 Cabrio - Cayenne GTS
M4 Conversion for F32

Judging from the response here I have coined a new word.

Blasphe///My.

To the OP

I think your best bet is to try to find some replica M4 parts that are specifically made to fit your car.

Drivers Club at Lime Rock
The Glen Club (Watkins Glen International)
International Motor Racing Research Center
BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
Porsche Club of America
Madison Ave. Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (Only a Vice President)
Sports Car Club of America
Polish Racing Drivers of America (PRDA)
American Mural Project
Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum
Mount Washington Observatory
Society of Automotive Historians

Last edited by captainaudio; 04-02-2015 at 11:53 AM.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:06 AM
1/2 Asian Sensation

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
OP, don't worry about it, most of these guys are just bitter they spent $50k on a car with a 4 cyl engine. They easily get all snippy and judgmental...
it's called myenginesoundslikealawnmower syndrome. Don't take it personally

Would love to see some before and after picks if you get the conversion done, enjoy!
I thought he said 435.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:10 AM

Mein Auto: 535i
BMW actually makes factory poseurmobiles. A Birt' family bought a vacation home in my 'hood. The husband stopped to talk when I was washing my M3, and asked me if it was a "kit." I did some websurfing and found that BMW sells a "kit" as a factory option in the UK, or at least they did at the time.

Back in 1993/4, BMW NA sold a M Technics package for the non-M E36. It has all the exterior visual stuff of the E36 M3 without any of the mechanical stuff.

I'd rather have a "inverse-poseurmobile," an M3/4 with toned down front and rear bumpers. I'd want to keep the four exhaust tips, though.

To the OP: For the added cost and damage (lower resale value) you'd be doing to your car, you could buy and M3/4, drive it in comfort mode, and be money ahead. If you were to build a poseurmobile, you would have a real hard time ever selling it.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:29 AM
2014 435M-Sport/MPPK

Mein Auto: 2014 435M-Sport/MPPK
This is like déjà vu all over again.

CURRENT:
2018 BMW 440M-Sport MPPSK/MPE 8ZF
2016.5 Mazda CX-5GT AWD
2016 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT
2013 BMW 135is JB4 convt 6MT
2009 Ford Expedition 4X4 EL - 2009 V-Star
1998 Ford Ranger 4X4 Splash 5MT
FFR Cobra Mk-IV COYOTE 5MT Build Thread
477 WHP of BURBBLES
HOME FROM PAINT
Old 04-02-2015, 11:42 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 Z4 3.0i
Surprised at the responses the OP is getting. It's his car, let him do what he wants with it...
Old 04-02-2015, 11:43 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 335i X-Drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
Judging from the response here I have coined a new word.

Blasphe///My.

To the OP

I think your best bet is to try to find some replica M4 parts that ate specifically made to fit your car.
Haha, good one!

Where's BJ when you need him.....

Old 04-02-2015, 11:49 AM

Mein Auto: 435i M Sport
. .

My Build Thread can be found HERE

ENZO Performance Tune updates HERE
Old 04-02-2015, 12:10 PM

Mein Auto: 435i F33 M Sport Verte
I just want to thank the Moderator for not locking the thread, justified though it was. It was an interesting read and some of the added comments were quite informative.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:53 PM

Mein Auto: 435 xDrive
Quote:
OK...lets not get personal..it is your car..do with it what you want.
May I suggest that you go here http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1076018 and discuss with the guy (Rich2k1) that has done his 4 Series to look like an M4. Based on your original post, it would seem that is what you would like to do with yours.
Go for it
Cheers

Last edited by Phas; 04-02-2015 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-02-2015, 01:08 PM
2014 435M-Sport/MPPK

Mein Auto: 2014 435M-Sport/MPPK
Quote:
Originally Posted by davegill View Post
You really should be directing that to all the people that are belittling this guy for asking a question. But I guess we know where you stand on the issue.

Just like football. A guy takes a whack at you, you retaliate & get the un-sportsman like penalty.

That said I think the M4 main intake opening looks like a pi**ed off guppy.

CURRENT:
2018 BMW 440M-Sport MPPSK/MPE 8ZF
2016.5 Mazda CX-5GT AWD
2016 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT
2013 BMW 135is JB4 convt 6MT
2009 Ford Expedition 4X4 EL - 2009 V-Star
1998 Ford Ranger 4X4 Splash 5MT
FFR Cobra Mk-IV COYOTE 5MT Build Thread
477 WHP of BURBBLES
HOME FROM PAINT

Last edited by bear-avhistory; 04-02-2015 at 01:13 PM.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search