M4 Conversion for F32 - Page 3 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation BMW 3 Series Sedan F30/F31/F34 and the first first generation 4 Series Coupe F32/F33/F36. Get the latest 3 and 4 series pricing from our ordering and pricing guide sticky thread.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:51 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F80 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by beden1 View Post
I don't think that's really fair to say what the OP is looking to do is "idiotic".
I have to agree to each his own. Hell if he wants to put mercedes emblems on thats fine too - he is after all the one making the payments.

Once thing to thing about it that you would probably need to do an entire body kit if you do the fenders otherwise they won't line up. Your fender will end lower than your door and the esthetics would be shot.

You may want to look for kits that can accomplish a similar look rather than trying to replace OEM parts. Just my 2 cents.

Good luck and post pictures when you do. No doubt mixed responses but I would be curios to see how it looks.

2015 M3 - Mineral White, Sonoma, Exec, LED, Adaptive Suspension, HK, 19" Light Alloy, 6MT ED 7/7/15 - Adrian

2013 535i - Space Grey, Biege, M-SPort, Premium, Tech, Cold Weather, Luxury Seating, PDC, 6MT ED-10/11/2012 - PCD - Greg Poland
Old 04-02-2015, 06:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shon528 Send a message via Yahoo to Shon528
Mein Auto: '16 GLE350
To the OP, as was suggested, you're better off finding a/m M4 replica parts than trying to fit oem parts.

Now, playing devil's advocate, seeing I don't have an opinion on this one way or another, where does the line get drawn? Previous comments have suggested that an M4 bumper on a 435 is not ok. However, there's many threads w/ people installing the M-sport front & rear bumpers (and side sills) on sport line or no line cars and those people getting positive feedback so is that ok? How about a 328 installing a 335 rear bumper and exhaust?
'06 Land Rover LR3 HSE

Gone: '14 320i 6MT ZSP ZPP ZLP ZCW PCD 5/14, '12 MB ML350 diesel, '11 Accord 5mt, '10 Acura MDX, '08 Accord 5mt, '06 Nissan Xterra 6mt, '98 BMW 528i, '95 Mazda Millenia
Old 04-02-2015, 07:08 PM

Mein Auto: 435i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shon528 View Post
To the OP, as was suggested, you're better off finding a/m M4 replica parts than trying to fit oem parts.

Now, playing devil's advocate, seeing I don't have an opinion on this one way or another, where does the line get drawn? Previous comments have suggested that an M4 bumper on a 435 is not ok. However, there's many threads w/ people installing the M-sport front & rear bumpers (and side sills) on sport line or no line cars and those people getting positive feedback so is that ok? How about a 328 installing a 335 rear bumper and exhaust?
Yup.... +1 mod away OP, hell, wrap it lavender if you awnt to....

My Build Thread can be found HERE

ENZO Performance Tune updates HERE
Old 06-14-2017, 12:45 PM

Mein Auto: Bmw f30
is m4 bumper fit f30

Bimmerfest kullanarak iPhone araclyla gönderildi
Old 06-14-2017, 01:46 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 328i xDrive
I just bought my first BMW, a 2014 328i Xdrive and I LOVE it.

I would, however, like it to appear more like the i8 - suggestions?

Do your thing OP.
Old 06-15-2017, 07:33 AM

Mein Auto: 2016 435i w/meth injectio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shon528 View Post

In my opinion, most of those critics call themselves "purists" and hide behind that when they want to be judgmental. Many of them feel like someone is trying to disguise their car to look like theirs. I say "who cares?!" It's your car. You paid for it so do whatever you want. No matter what you do to it, it's still better than a Honda! Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
Old 06-15-2017, 09:51 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 328i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
This might be the greatest first response post I've ever seen.
Old 06-15-2017, 09:57 AM
Certified N52 Molestor

Mein Auto: 2011 528i RWD
Fake M cars are disgraceful. Don't do it
Old 06-15-2017, 10:31 AM

Mein Auto: 2015 328i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by F10-N52 View Post
Fake M cars are disgraceful. Don't do it
That's a matter of perspective, no?

(I wouldn't do it, but others have a difference perspective. Same with cosmetic surgery. )

2015 328i / M Sport / Alpine White / Coral Red / 4 DR / 6 MT / Rear Camera + PDC / Xenons / DHP / 60K+ Miles / Bought 10-30-2014
Old 06-15-2017, 11:05 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 535i Xdrive M Sport
Why wouldn't you just buy a car with the M performance aerodynamics? That makes a ton more sense to me.

Sent from my Galaxy S8+
Old 06-15-2017, 11:13 AM

Mein Auto: 2015 328i M-Sport
There is apparently a market for it.
http://www.modbargains.com/f80-m3-st...-m-bmw-f30.htm

2015 328i / M Sport / Alpine White / Coral Red / 4 DR / 6 MT / Rear Camera + PDC / Xenons / DHP / 60K+ Miles / Bought 10-30-2014
Old 06-15-2017, 01:35 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 335x Manual
why revive a 2 year old thread?
Old 06-15-2017, 01:45 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 535i Xdrive M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgossin View Post
why revive a 2 year old thread?
Because checking the time stamp of a post is not in my priority. I saw it and commented, why is that a problem?

Sent from my Galaxy S8+
Old 06-15-2017, 01:52 PM
Certified N52 Molestor

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigology View Post
Because checking the time stamp of a post is not in my priority. I saw it and commented, why is that a problem?

Sent from my Galaxy S8+
Lol right???

The OP's question is so ridiculous I had to add input.
Old 06-16-2017, 03:25 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 435i (2018 440i)
This thread is pretty amusing, despite its age.

I wonder how many of the people who cry "poseur" have actually taken their cars to a trackday. That's exactly why I didn't jump at the M4 the dealer dangled in front of me; if I got an M car as my daily driver and didn't do at least a few trackdays a year, I'd feel like a real nozzle.

It's like the guys who ride sportbikes and have giant chicken strips (the area next to the sidewall that has never made contact with pavement). I had a friend who rode a pink Ninja 250 with big glittery Barbie decals on the fenders, who blew away guys on shiny new liter bikes at trackdays because she knew how to ride. Most of those guys would be better off with a smaller bike themselves because it would be easier to handle, so they would learn to ride well instead of just whacking the throttle.
Old 06-16-2017, 03:38 PM
Certified N52 Molestor

I feel like the typical m3 owner is going to thoroughly enjoy his car in a spirited manner on the street either way. If you do that, then I guess it makes sense not to go to the track. Keep in mind that the m3 is still relatively heavy at 3500+ pounds and full of luxury features. The f8x chassis has ridiculous amounts of almost uncontrollable torque which seems better for steet use then the older v8 anyways. These cars moved from little go karts like the e30 to boats and I don't think that many people take them to the track.

As for the skill levels, I could not agree more. An experienced driver using a Miata as his little track toy could effortlessly outcorner even a somewhat experienced driver in the heavier m3.

But then again, the m3 seems to do it all so well (comfortable for the performance, great engine, luxurious, awesome handling why not just track the car? But I feel like you shouldn't be obliged to take such a heavy car to the track unless you feel like too dangerous to enjoy it on the steet.
Old 06-16-2017, 04:02 PM

Mein Auto: 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmesq View Post
This thread is pretty amusing, despite its age.

I wonder how many of the people who cry "poseur" have actually taken their cars to a trackday. That's exactly why I didn't jump at the M4 the dealer dangled in front of me; if I got an M car as my daily driver and didn't do at least a few trackdays a year, I'd feel like a real nozzle.

It's like the guys who ride sportbikes and have giant chicken strips (the area next to the sidewall that has never made contact with pavement). I had a friend who rode a pink Ninja 250 with big glittery Barbie decals on the fenders, who blew away guys on shiny new liter bikes at trackdays because she knew how to ride. Most of those guys would be better off with a smaller bike themselves because it would be easier to handle, so they would learn to ride well instead of just whacking the throttle.
I'm partially guilty. I track, but I do it by going to BMW and Porsche driving schools. At first, my M3 was too much of my net worth to tear it up on a track. As it depreciated, it was still in too good of shape to take on the track. At the end it was becoming a collectable survivor.

There's a significant logistics tail to track a car on a regular basis. A indy' shop near me caters to trackers, providing a car carrier truck and pit support at track weekends. That, and a banged up, used 911 will be the way I go eventually. But, for now it's nice to show up at a factory school, jump in new cars, trash them, got to a nice dinner with interesting people, repeat for two or three days, and go home.

One of the wags at the Porsche school drives there in a pristine GT3, parks it, and jumps in school cars for three days. He's been to the advanced school about 25 times, though. The joke is that he's "hoping to pass this time."

The only performance driving I did with my M3 was DSC-off, gas-pedal U-turns to annoy Frau Putzer. I'd start humming the opening lick to Song 2 by Blur (from the Madonna M5 video). She'd know what was coming. "I hope a cop sees you doing this. I'm going to tell him you do this every day, AND that you got weed."

Last edited by Autoputzer; 06-16-2017 at 05:53 PM.
Old 06-18-2017, 02:47 PM
Reregistered User

Mein Auto: 09 E93 335i somewhat mod
Quote:
Originally Posted by glideslope View Post
Poser? I could get an M4 if I wanted to but it's not practical to me since I won't be tracking the car or be using it to it's full potential. We all have our reasons. I like the exterior styling of the M4, but does that mean I can't mod my car to get the look that I want?

Yes.

>Sniff!<

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search