Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > BMW i > BMW i3 I01 (2014 - Current)

BMW i3 I01 (2014 - Current)
The BMW i3 and BMW i8 are the first two cars launch under BMW's new sub brand BMW i. The i3 is an all carbon fiber, all electric vehicle meant for urban mobility.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 10-19-2016, 09:35 AM
zegler zegler is offline
Registered User
Location: Slovenija
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 12
Mein Auto: e21, i3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fridgeS3 View Post
older i3, like my 2013th, could use selfsteering up to 40 km/h
all roads? or only freeway?

these two things i realy liked if it could be coded, 110km/h and all roads i know that the selfsteering is not 100%, but it helps.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 10-19-2016, 09:39 AM
fridgeS3 fridgeS3 is offline
Registered User
Location: Germany
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 9
Mein Auto: i3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zegler View Post
all roads? or only freeway?

these two things i realy liked if it could be coded, 110km/h and all roads i know that the selfsteering is not 100%, but it helps.
only on freeways; selfsteering out of freeways are technical difficult and with the i3 hardware in my oppinion not possible. 110km/h... did you drove ever a Model S??

I would not prefer, that the i3 can selfsteering up to 110 km/h.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 10-19-2016, 09:52 AM
zegler zegler is offline
Registered User
Location: Slovenija
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 12
Mein Auto: e21, i3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fridgeS3 View Post
only on freeways; selfsteering out of freeways are technical difficult and with the i3 hardware in my oppinion not possible. 110km/h... did you drove ever a Model S??

I would not prefer, that the i3 can selfsteering up to 110 km/h.
ok all roads its difficult (single cam), but 100km/h on freeways that would be fine. No i didnt drove a self driving tesla, but tesla is tesla and 2 tons is somethnig different then 1,2tons. But this is my opinion.

well if somene can or did unlock the 60km/h selfsteer, please pm.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 10-21-2016, 11:56 AM
2014_F15 2014_F15 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: S.F.
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 164
Mein Auto: F15
Shawn,

Will you please send me the links to the current software? I need to re-do coding after a visit to the dealer.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 10-21-2016, 12:02 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
bimmerfest Supporting Member
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 30,846
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014_F15 View Post
Shawn,

Will you please send me the links to the current software? I need to re-do coding after a visit to the dealer.

Thanks in advance!
PM sent.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 10-25-2016, 09:52 AM
Oistein Oistein is offline
Registered User
Location: Norway
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 5
Mein Auto: E30 325ix and I3
Idrive screen black

I was trying to code my i3, planing to change video in motion, and some other small things.

Suddenly my Idrive screen went black, and. Stays black..

Parking sensors does not work, I guess that is since the screen Idrive isn't working properly.

I thought I made a backup, so I tried coding it back.. But no difference.


So, what do I do then?
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 10-25-2016, 11:48 AM
zegler zegler is offline
Registered User
Location: Slovenija
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 12
Mein Auto: e21, i3
can u still connect to the car and read and code? than u should set back all what u did edit, so all other small things, if u remember them.

if this is no go, then back to bmw dealer and software update. this is what i would do, but i m a newbee. Btw was your car ON? when u been coding? or did it go to sleep when u been connected via obd?
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 10-25-2016, 12:00 PM
Oistein Oistein is offline
Registered User
Location: Norway
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 5
Mein Auto: E30 325ix and I3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zegler View Post
can u still connect to the car and read and code? than u should set back all what u did edit, so all other small things, if u remember them.

if this is no go, then back to bmw dealer and software update. this is what i would do, but i m a newbee. Btw was your car ON? when u been coding? or did it go to sleep when u been connected via obd?
I tried to use the "pre setting" that shows up to the right.
The car drives, but the idrive that is off.

I can connect to the car again, but it seems like the edit file under the folder for the thinks kinda is gone when i press "read from ecu". When I load the file that i have saved it shows back up.. I have also tried to code the car from that file, but it seems like there is an error
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 10-27-2016, 09:54 PM
zegler zegler is offline
Registered User
Location: Slovenija
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 12
Mein Auto: e21, i3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oistein View Post
I tried to use the "pre setting" that shows up to the right.
The car drives, but the idrive that is off.

I can connect to the car again, but it seems like the edit file under the folder for the thinks kinda is gone when i press "read from ecu". When I load the file that i have saved it shows back up.. I have also tried to code the car from that file, but it seems like there is an error
sorry but i d like to know what happened ? u newer know when its happening to one of us, so did u managed to code it right or what did help ? how did u solve the problem? 'i hope u did it'.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 10-28-2016, 03:40 PM
burninice21 burninice21 is offline
Registered User
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 2
Mein Auto: i3
Hi Shawn,

I'm looking to reprogram my i3 after a trip to the dealer. Can you send me links to the latest software?

Thanks much.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 10-28-2016, 04:30 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
bimmerfest Supporting Member
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 30,846
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by burninice21 View Post
Hi Shawn,

I'm looking to reprogram my i3 after a trip to the dealer. Can you send me links to the latest software?

Thanks much.
PM sent.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 10-28-2016, 04:37 PM
burninice21 burninice21 is offline
Registered User
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 2
Mein Auto: i3
Thanks much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
PM sent.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 10-31-2016, 12:10 AM
Oistein Oistein is offline
Registered User
Location: Norway
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 5
Mein Auto: E30 325ix and I3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zegler View Post
sorry but i d like to know what happened ? u newer know when its happening to one of us, so did u managed to code it right or what did help ? how did u solve the problem? 'i hope u did it'.
I Connected to the car, found the Place where I could change sone options.
On the Right side of the program there came up different "pre set changes"
Like video at speed, DRL in idrive and lot more.

I selected a few of those , like DRL in Idrive , video at speed, and startup logo ///M

tried to execute but my iDrive went black. tried to check different settings but I couldn`t get it back up.
Luckely there is a technical sanction to be fixed on my car, so the update of the software is free.
I also told them about my mishap.
__________________
1990 E30 325ix Touring , and a 2014 i3
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 11-07-2016, 07:06 AM
Just_Johnny Just_Johnny is offline
Registered User
Location: Florida
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3
Mein Auto: 15' i3 ReX
Another One Please...

Shawn,
Another link please? Proud new owner of 2015 i3 from X3 that you helped me with coding a few years back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
PM sent.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 11-07-2016, 10:22 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
bimmerfest Supporting Member
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 30,846
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Johnny View Post
Shawn,
Another link please? Proud new owner of 2015 i3 from X3 that you helped me with coding a few years back.
PM sent.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 11-07-2016, 09:48 PM
reedog117 reedog117 is offline
Registered User
Location: DC
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 18
Mein Auto: Formerly: 2004 545i
i3 coding

What's the newest software to enable coding on the 2017 i3? Just ordered the ENET to OBD2 cable, so now I'm setting up a Windows VM to handle the coding.

Could also use a link too if someone has one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
---
Current Cars: 2017 i3 94 Ah Rex, 2016 Audi A3 e-tron
Previous Cars: 2009 Audi TTS, 2004 545i Sport 6-spd manual, 2000 Z3 Coupe 2.8, 1998 323i Convertible

Last edited by reedog117; 11-07-2016 at 09:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 11-08-2016, 05:01 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
bimmerfest Supporting Member
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 30,846
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedog117 View Post
What's the newest software to enable coding on the 2017 i3? Just ordered the ENET to OBD2 cable, so now I'm setting up a Windows VM to handle the coding.

Could also use a link too if someone has one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PM sent.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 11-19-2016, 04:02 PM
seasnoboarder seasnoboarder is offline
Registered User
Location: Long Beach, CA
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 3
Mein Auto: 2014 i3 Rex
Turn signal blink setting no longer working

I just received my i3 back from service on 11/10/16. They applied Programming B 61 21 16 for recall SIB612116.

I have been able to code back all my usual favorites like disabling the disclaimers and gongs, enabled the Range Extender Menu, and increasing the fuel tank usable size.

One of my favorite settings however no longer seems to work. I previously had been able to set the number of blinks of the turn signal by setting 3068 -> BLINKZYKLEN_ANZAHL_TIPP in the BDC Body Module equal to the zero based count of the blinks I want (04 for 5 blinks).

The initial value of this setting is now 00 (it used to be 02) and changing it does not seem to have any impact on the number of blinks (always 3 now).

Anyone else experience this issue? Is there any other setting that anyone is aware that can do this now?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 11-19-2016, 05:14 PM
2014_F15 2014_F15 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: S.F.
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 164
Mein Auto: F15
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasnoboarder View Post
Turn signal blink setting no longer working

I just received my i3 back from service on 11/10/16. They applied Programming B 61 21 16 for recall SIB612116.

I have been able to code back all my usual favorites like disabling the disclaimers and gongs, enabled the Range Extender Menu, and increasing the fuel tank usable size.

One of my favorite settings however no longer seems to work. I previously had been able to set the number of blinks of the turn signal by setting 3068 -> BLINKZYKLEN_ANZAHL_TIPP in the BDC Body Module equal to the zero based count of the blinks I want (04 for 5 blinks).

The initial value of this setting is now 00 (it used to be 02) and changing it does not seem to have any impact on the number of blinks (always 3 now).

Anyone else experience this issue? Is there any other setting that anyone is aware that can do this now?

Thanks!
The same thing happened on our F15 and I have not been able to find a solution yet.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 11-23-2016, 07:42 PM
nickyuca nickyuca is offline
Registered User
Location: California, USA
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1
Mein Auto: BMW i3 Rex
Hi Shawn,

I'm finally going to code my 2015 i3 Rex for I'm taking it to the Thanksgiving family reunion. I have been enjoying my little i3, and just wanted to turn on the Rex engine sooner so I won't get myself killed driving at 40 mph on interstate 80. It happened to me once in 2015.

I have read all the instructions and tutorials, and would really appreciate it if you can PM me the link. Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 11-24-2016, 05:01 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
bimmerfest Supporting Member
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 30,846
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyuca View Post
Hi Shawn,

I'm finally going to code my 2015 i3 Rex for I'm taking it to the Thanksgiving family reunion. I have been enjoying my little i3, and just wanted to turn on the Rex engine sooner so I won't get myself killed driving at 40 mph on interstate 80. It happened to me once in 2015.

I have read all the instructions and tutorials, and would really appreciate it if you can PM me the link. Thank you.
PM sent.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 11-26-2016, 07:22 AM
jj_co jj_co is offline
Registered User
Location: Colorado
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 14
Mein Auto: i3 rex
Latest software

Hi Shawn,
Picking up my 2014 i3 from a service appointment this morning, need the latest software links for recoding.

Thanks!
Jeff
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 11-26-2016, 07:25 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
bimmerfest Supporting Member
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 30,846
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj_co View Post
Hi Shawn,
Picking up my 2014 i3 from a service appointment this morning, need the latest software links for recoding.

Thanks!
Jeff
PM sent.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 11-26-2016, 01:50 PM
gcar76 gcar76 is offline
Registered User
Location: California
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1
Mein Auto: i3
Could someone please share the links for the necessary software needed to re code my i3 after a visit to the dealer ship on 11/25/16 - they applied a new update and all my previous codes have been reset to default values again.

Thanks,
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 11-26-2016, 02:57 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
bimmerfest Supporting Member
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 30,846
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcar76 View Post
Could someone please share the links for the necessary software needed to re code my i3 after a visit to the dealer ship on 11/25/16 - they applied a new update and all my previous codes have been reset to default values again.

Thanks,
PM sent.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
Reply

See More Related BMW Stories


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > BMW i > BMW i3 I01 (2014 - Current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2015 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms