Problem - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 F15 (2014 - Current)

X5 F15 (2014 - Current)
The all new F15 BMW X5 started production August 2013 as a 2014 model year. The new X5 arrives in sDrive35i (RWD), xDrive35i, xDrive50i and a diesel xDrive 35d.

Old 06-08-2017, 02:09 PM
Jovie

Mein Auto: Bmw x5
Problem

Has anyone had a problem with their BMW X5 when driving all of a sudden a bunch of warning lights will come on and then the screen will read transmission malfunction drive to nearest dealership. It also says something along the lines of "once you stop it may not be possible to restart car" I had the alternator replaced thinking this was the issue but it's not. I had the battery checked and the battery is fine. But for some reason if I get a jump, the car runs again for a little while, then the same problem happens again. Help.
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2017, 04:03 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F15 X5 aka Jasmine II
Which model year X5 is this for? As well as which engine? I'm going to go on the basis that it's an F15 (2014+) since you're in that subthread however if its another model please advise accordingly.

I had the exact same issue on my E70 X5 (2011) and what it turned out to be was a bad ground cable which I had replaced. In my situation, however, I couldn't start the vehicle at all, but a bad ground could be applicable to you. If not your best bet is to take it to a local BMW dealership and get it diagnosed, you can take it to whichever mechanic you'd like afterwards.

Cheers,
G

Jasmine II - F15 X5 35i | Mineralweiss Metallic with Black Dakota

E70 X5 35i | Space Grey Metallic with Black | Dad's Car

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 F15 (2014 - Current)
Today's Posts Search