Another Lexus Conquest - Page 4 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation BMW 3 Series Sedan F30/F31/F34 and the first first generation 4 Series Coupe F32/F33/F36. Get the latest 3 and 4 series pricing from our ordering and pricing guide sticky thread.

Old 06-19-2017, 01:40 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F80 ZCP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimchiguy View Post
Thanks, I'm interested in seeing how it works as the tester I drove never had it.

Just a heads up, pun intended, if you wear polarized sunglasses you'll probably want to get a non-polarized version.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
Old 06-19-2017, 01:52 PM

Mein Auto: 2017 BMW 340i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by paffinity View Post
Just a heads up, pun intended, if you wear polarized sunglasses you'll probably want to get a non-polarized version.

Thanks for the tip - I had difficulty seeing the full LCD display of my Lexus with the polarized Raybans that I occasionally wear. I guess I'll just rely on the standard gauges in that case.
Old 06-19-2017, 05:44 PM
Worlds Foremost Authority

Mein Auto: M4 Cabrio - Cayenne GTS
Quote:
S'up bruh... Lol
Thanks for the welcome - I'll stick around since there seems to be some decent people here with insightful advice!

Glad you're happy with yours! I always get envious of the BMW convertibles I see around town and was considering one too until I realized that we only get 2 months of convertible weather here haha.
You will get more than two months of convertible weather in Toronto. I grew up across the lake in Rochester and had convertibles. There were at least 4 months of convertible weather and another 2 1/2 or so months with some convertible days.

I am currently between Manhattan and Lime Rock, CT (Northwest Corner) and we had a few top down days as far back as March, In 2016 I had the top down on Christmas day as it was in the 70's. And this is in spite of the fact that there is no such thing as Global Warming.

With modern convertibles even with a rag top the car is warm in the winter, I am on my second BMW retractable hardtop (2007 335i and 2015 M4) and they are for all practical purposes coupes when the top is up.

Drivers Club at Lime Rock
The Glen Club (Watkins Glen International)
International Motor Racing Research Center
BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
Porsche Club of America
Madison Ave. Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (Only a Vice President)
Sports Car Club of America
Polish Racing Drivers of America (PRDA)
American Mural Project
Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum
Mount Washington Observatory
Society of Automotive Historians

Last edited by captainaudio; 06-19-2017 at 05:51 PM.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
You will get more than two months of convertible weather in Toronto. I grew up across the lake in Rochester and had convertibles. There were at least 4 months of convertible weather and another 2 1/2 or so months with some convertible days.

I am currently between Manhattan and Lime Rock, CT (Northwest Corner) and we had a few top down days as far back as March, In 2016 I had the top down on Christmas day as it was in the 70's. And this is in spite of the fact that there is no such thing as Global Warming.

With modern convertibles even with a rag top the car is warm in the winter, I am on my second BMW retractable hardtop (2007 335i and 2015 M4) and they are for all practical purposes coupes when the top is up.

Hmm I'll have to keep that in mind for next time - thanks for the insights! I suppose it doesn't have to be summer to enjoy the open air motoring experience.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:23 AM

Mein Auto: greater phoenix
Quote:
Thanks for the tip - I had difficulty seeing the full LCD display of my Lexus with the polarized Raybans that I occasionally wear. I guess I'll just rely on the standard gauges in that case.
I wear RX glasses. I purchased a pair of tinted but not polarized RX glasses. They work just as well at protecting me from the glare of the sun but let me see the headup display. Sometimes when I go to the golf course I forget to take them off to use my polarized sun glasses. They seem equally good at stopping the glare.
Old 06-20-2017, 12:27 PM

Mein Auto: F80 ZCP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
I wear RX glasses. I purchased a pair of tinted but not polarized RX glasses. They work just as well at protecting me from the glare of the sun but let me see the headup display. Sometimes when I go to the golf course I forget to take them off to use my polarized sun glasses. They seem equally good at stopping the glare.

I keep a pair of polarized glasses in my wife's car, but use non polarized otherwise without problems. Some golf carts have gps built in and you can't see those with polarized as well.

Old 06-20-2017, 12:34 PM

So I took delivery last night and I'm still getting accustomed to everything. But so far it's been a positive experience. I've noticed the NVH that rattles trim and panels when in Sport mode but I'll accept that as part of the much more enthusiast driven nature. Like most people I've talked to the on-centre dead feeling is there but the handling is very tight and solid overall in varying road conditions.

iDrive has its quirks (I've been doing searches on how to get my USB flash drive folders to appear as individual windows-style folders but I have gathered through other posts here that it's not easy). The graphics and ease of use are several generations above the infotainment systems in Lexus.
I'm trying to fiddle around with the equalizer settings on the HK audio (also searched here) but I know that stereos also take a while to break-in.

Not having ventilation, let alone perforation is bringing on the sweaty back haha but it's actually really nice quality leather. And the adjustments on the sport seats are fantastic - all the lumbar and side bolstering support I could ever want to adjust.
I'm certain this has been addressed here before, but the LED headlights (non-adaptive) are just not that good. Luckily I drive in the city mainly, but still - the patchy lighting pattern is terrible. But superficially they look nicely styled.

At this stage the best part I've enjoyed has to be the b58 engine and ZF transmission combo. The extra crackle, burble and pop coming from the M-Performance exhaust is addicting. The very nice shift paddles are a pleasure to use - not since the magnesium paddles on my old Infiniti have I experienced the same level of fun. The car really takes on Dr. Jekyll, Mr. Hyde personality with Comfort vs Sport mode - thankfully, otherwise the highway drone is a bit much.

Still missing the UltraSonic Blue colour, but EBII is getting better and better to me. Especially under varying light, where it actually has a bit of depth.
Whatever the case, I'm sorry to see Sonic go, but ready to have Cookie M in my life now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CookieM.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	601375  
Old 06-20-2017, 01:39 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 328i xDrive
Quote:
Still missing the UltraSonic Blue colour, but EBII is getting better and better to me. Especially under varying light, where it actually has a bit of depth.
Man, that looks great. Love it.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:55 PM

Mein Auto: 2016 435i
I may be in the minority but I love the analogue gauges. Makes it nostalgic.
Not a big fan of the new digital gauges on a sports car.
I changed the hk settings and it was much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-20-2017, 02:03 PM
False Enthusiast

Mein Auto: 14 435xi 14 X1 35i
Beautiful car you have there. Congrats.

Here are the EQ settings I have used in the last two jummobiles I found them on another BMW forum (I know, I'm sorry).

Anyway, they were derived scientific like and it might be a good place to start.

Welcome to the club.

jummo

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1497992580.833338.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	224.8 KB
ID:	601384
Old 06-21-2017, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jummo View Post
Beautiful car you have there. Congrats.

Here are the EQ settings I have used in the last two jummobiles I found them on another BMW forum (I know, I'm sorry).

Anyway, they were derived scientific like and it might be a good place to start.

Welcome to the club.

jummo

Attachment 601384
Thanks! My morning commute has been livened up for sure.

I appreciate you posting these settings - I've aligned them accordingly and it's sounding better!

Last edited by Kimchiguy; 06-21-2017 at 08:41 AM.
Old 06-23-2017, 08:21 AM
Dat Hofmeister Kink tho

Mein Auto: 2017 F83 and 2014 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixter04 View Post
i may be in the minority but i love the analogue gauges. Makes it nostalgic.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

+1
Old 06-24-2017, 03:25 PM
2015 328x

Mein Auto: 2015 BMW 328i xdrive seda
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixter04 View Post
i may be in the minority but i love the analogue gauges. Makes it nostalgic.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
+2

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search