Anyone with military sales experience? - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation BMW 3 Series Sedan F30/F31/F34 and the first first generation 4 Series Coupe F32/F33/F36. Get the latest 3 and 4 series pricing from our ordering and pricing guide sticky thread.

Old 06-15-2017, 09:51 PM

Mein Auto: Acura ILX
Anyone with military sales experience?

Wow its been years since I've been here. Since owning a 2013 BMW 335i M Sport with navigation, lighting package, and being a single man back then, and selling it after a year of ownership, I have sellers remorse. Then I went to Acura and bought a 2016 Acura ILX Aspec Tech in 2015 and then BAM, got orders to PCS to the korea 3 months later. Sooo I decided to keep the acura and now I had it for over two years. After owning a Toyota Tacoma Prerunner V6 4 dr, Civic SI sedan, then Mercedes C250 sedan, then the BMW, no car ever put a grin on my face before like the BMW 335i at the time. Now I'm back home in Hawaii for 3 yrs, then possibly Germany next to Ramstein! I've been test driving random cars with brands I am attracted to. Still, BMW is calling my name. SO.

Since I will have the Acura ILX fully paid off by the time I leave Hawaii in 2019, I want to go back to owning a BMW 3 series and I will get a BMW 3 series when moving to Germany. I want a 340i or whatever the newest model will be since I want a 6 cylinder 3 series sedan. My wife will come with me of course. I have no kids yet but I know sedans will be good family cars also. I'll be leaving the Acura ILX here in Hawaii with my family since i'm from Hawaii. When I was in Korea last year for one year, I didn't know Kolon was a authorized military dealer but read bad reviews about them.

SO. My question is, which way will save me the most money? Buying from Bavarian Motor Cars (in Kaiserslautern? I seen lots of people on forums mention this place) or from Superior Motors MSP (serves mostly Japan/Bahrain)? I'm super new to this oversea BMW military sales thing.

Superior Motors MSP was able to give me a really quick quote based on the 340i build with so many options. Check out this build that I wanted: DDHDHLR4. Considering I'll be in Germany for 2-3 years, I don't think I'll be paying a new car tax when I return back to the states one day. Their website says I can save up to 17%.

Bavarian motor sports say I can save 10% on MSRP price. Tho it says I may pay a state sales tax upon return back to the states, but save on import duty. I'm going to contact them soon.

Anyone has any experience with Bavarian Motor sports or Superior Motors MSP or any other recommended military sales that can save me the most and give me good customer experience with the build above?

Last edited by Mochibimmer; 06-17-2017 at 11:29 AM.
Advertisement
Old 06-16-2017, 06:39 AM
Warning - Thin Air

Mein Auto: 2002 M Roadster/2014 435i
First, thank you for your service.

Have you seen the Ask a Dealer section? - http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20

You may get some good answers in this thread, but there are some very good reviews of other dealers. You could buy from any dealer, anywhere, and take European Delivery.

2014 435i M-Sport, Mineral Gray, Black Dakota Leather, Driver Assistance Pkg, Prem Pkg, Tech Pkg, 8 Speed Sport AT, Heated Front Seats, Active Cruise Control, BMW MPPK w/MPE, BMW Limited Slip Diff, BBS CH Wheels.

2002 M Roadster, Steel Gray Metailic, Gray Nappa Leather, Black Soft Top, Steel Gray Metailic Hard Top, TC Kline Double Adj Shocks with H&R Springs, Stromung Exhaust, SSR Type C Wheels.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:42 AM
Extended Euro Delivery

Mein Auto: M4

Pentagon Car sales sells Lexus now,

Euler is the official BMW-MS car sales there.

Bavarian Motor Cars is ok for off the lot.

https://m.bavarianmotorcars.com/bmw/...?year_min=2016

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Last edited by FCBayern///M4; 06-16-2017 at 09:44 AM.
Old 06-17-2017, 11:11 AM

Mein Auto: Acura ILX
Thanks! I'll look. So far i looked on Euler Group and saw a few of my friends I was stationed with in Korea, having pictures posted of them buying their BMWs! Motivates me to look into Euler. I wonder if they take custom build requests?
Old 06-17-2017, 11:25 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via ICQ to Robin128
Mein Auto: 340i M Sport 8AT
Half expected someone wishing to buy 762 nato at a discount.

Bet GCHQ and NSA are watching now.

One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself.
Old 06-17-2017, 02:53 PM
Extended Euro Delivery

Mein Auto: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochibimmer View Post
Thanks! I'll look. So far i looked on Euler Group and saw a few of my friends I was stationed with in Korea, having pictures posted of them buying their BMWs! Motivates me to look into Euler. I wonder if they take custom build requests?

I was told by Bavarian and Stuttgart that Military Sales is excluded from, for example, fire orange, which is my dream color. Perhaps Euler has a better answer.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search