Looking for a price in Bay area CA 330i - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation BMW 3 Series Sedan F30/F31/F34 and the first first generation 4 Series Coupe F32/F33/F36. Get the latest 3 and 4 series pricing from our ordering and pricing guide sticky thread.

Old 06-17-2017, 03:57 PM

Mein Auto: Honda
Looking for a price in Bay area CA 330i

Hi All

New to the thread here and first time looking at a BMW.

I am looking for some guidance whether to decide between 328i or 330i

There are some dealers who have "new 328i's" who come very close to what KBB's farir price is but the warranty (including Service Warranty) are with only 3 years left as they all started in August. But they will give 0% interest rates for 5 or 6 years!

Is there a website or a % of MSRP that is the right number to deal with.

Can some one post their recent experience of buying a 330i in Bay Area?

Any recommendations welcome.

Thanks
Advertisement
Old 06-18-2017, 02:46 PM

Mein Auto: Toyota Prius
Looking for a price in Bay area CA 330i

I bought a car last week in the Bay Area. I've shopped all over the Bay Area: Fremont, Berkeley, Sunnyvale, SF and San Rafael BMW, and Carmax and Shift. And I went to the Lexus, Audi, Subaru and Toyota dealers.
There's a website called CarGurus that lists most of the CPO's and pre-owned cars. You can use that to gauge price.

First advice: Take your time and test drive and kick tires without commitment or decision.

At this point, you should have a decent idea of what you want and what you don't want. You know what your credit score is and how much down payment and monthly payment you want and what the car should cost.

When you think you'll buy, first decide if you like the car salesman and feel trust in him or her. Jerry at San Rafael BMW sold me my car and I liked him the best. He's very honest and knowledgeable, and they are a really good team there.

First thing: Let the salesman know very clearly that if you purchase the car, you will give him all 10's when you get the survey. The salesman and his team members get a bonus if you give them all 10's on the survey. But it must be all 10's. NEVER use this as a negotiating tool!! The deal you make is, "If I buy this from you, I'll give you all 10's". It's part of the offer you make; you can negotiate price but never negotiator the all 10's, because it costs you nothing. And they will go far out of their way to get all 10's.

It helps to have a friend who acts the part of deal-killer. You want to get the car, here's the check, but your friend says that the CarGurus has a lower price, and let's just go to that dealer instead. But you want to buy right now, will you just match the other dealer's price so we can just get this done?

So what you do is take a piece of paper and write down the price you're willing to pay, your downpayment and a 2.5% interest rate. And just be mellow about it. If you can't get me this price, it's ok, I'll just go buy the other one. Talk about this car as if it's a commodity. Never, ever, ever be rude and never threaten to not give all 10's. Make sure he knows that you understand the all-10's is important and that's a non-negotiable part of your offer. On a 328 / 330, this should bag you $3,000 off, like 8% the asking price if you're doing well. I don't think they have THAT much markup.

After it's all done, they'll pull you into a room and some guys going to try to sell you all kinds of crap. Decline it all. No extended warranty, no tire warranty, no maintenance plan. These add-ons are always badly over priced. If you really want one, offer him 60% of the price he offers.

Last edited by Rebound; 06-18-2017 at 02:49 PM.
Old 06-18-2017, 04:56 PM

Mein Auto: Toyota Prius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw330kpw View Post
Hi All

New to the thread here and first time looking at a BMW.
You sent me a PM, but your account is set up to refuse PM's, so I can't write you back.

The answer to your question is that in addition to the CarGurus site, every Bay Area dealer lists their inventory and prices on their website. So you can price compare straight from your desk.

It can get confusing to compare all the different feature sets, so go mostly with year/model/mileage and price. Most of these cars have the Driver Assist (backup camera), Advanced Package, whatever that is, and the better HK stereo and the parking assist feature. Most don't have the advanced parking assist and most don't have Advanced Driver Assist (thing that keeps you in the same lane).

Some have HUD, some don't.
Old 06-18-2017, 05:40 PM

Mein Auto: Honda
Thanks

I will look into some of the 330i's and see how they fair when it comes to pricing.

ps. was not aware that the private message was accidentally turned off.
Old 06-18-2017, 06:01 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 335i
I'd suggest reaching out to Greg at Pacific

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search