Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 06-17-2017, 10:58 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 328i
HELP 2011 328i xdrive no headlights,tailights,brights,interior switch lights

ok so i just got my car back from getting new tires, i noticed that the drive lights wernt working when i left didnt think nothing of it I was going to check when i got home i forgot. also guy told me i had no beaklights either. so i was getting ready to leave work and totally nothing no headlghts low beams high beams tail lights parking lights, also my interior light that light up my window switchs and what not dont work. does anyone have any idea what the heck is going on, ill be contacting the dealer ship on monday as well, butif its something i can do ill jus do it. my car is a 2011 328i xdrive , it has the regular lights with the standard halo rings. i checked every fuse as well if there is something else i should check let me konw. i also have no turn signals and no reverse lights either, i had the tires changed at the bmw dealer ship as well.

Last edited by 2011xi; 06-18-2017 at 09:09 AM.
Advertisement
Old 06-18-2017, 09:35 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 328xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011xi View Post
...i just got my car back from getting new tires, i noticed that the drive lights wernt working when i left... also guy told me i had no beaklights either. so i was getting ready to leave work and totally nothing no headlghts low beams high beams tail lights parking lights, also my interior light that light up my window switchs and what not dont work...car is a 2011 328i xdrive , it has the regular lights...i checked every fuse as well if there is something else i should check let me konw. i also have no turn signals and no reverse lights either, i had the tires changed at the bmw dealer ship as well.
Did the "Dealership" report doing ANYTHING to your vehicle other than simply removing the wheels, changing the tires on the wheels, and reinstalling the wheels?

If everything was working propertly BEFORE you "had the tires changed" (at BMW dealership?) my opinion would be that someone there did SOMETHING to alter the FRM (Footwell Module) function. The FRM controls:
1) Exterior Lights
2) Interior Lights
3) Central Locking System
4) Power Windows
5) Exterior Mirrors

I would first check any receipt or invoice you got from the tire change, and see if they itemized any repairs such as TPMS parts or "initialization", "reprogramming" or other words that suggest someone did something by connecting to your OBDII port. Some rookie may have mistakenly done something to affect your FRM function. It's virtually a statistical IMPOSSIBILITY that your FRM just decided to have a massive failure while "at the dealership."

If your instrument cluster still works, look for "!" in a yellow triangle to the right of "P" in the lower display, with ignition ON but engine NOT running (don't press brake when pressing ON). That symbol means that Check Control codes have been set in the system memory. You can access those code numbers by following the procedure found in your Owner's Manual under "Check Control.

Please let us know what you find,
George
Old 06-18-2017, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbalthrop View Post
Did the "Dealership" report doing ANYTHING to your vehicle other than simply removing the wheels, changing the tires on the wheels, and reinstalling the wheels?

If everything was working propertly BEFORE you "had the tires changed" (at BMW dealership?) my opinion would be that someone there did SOMETHING to alter the FRM (Footwell Module) function. The FRM controls:
1) Exterior Lights
2) Interior Lights
4) Power Windows
5) Exterior Mirrors

I would first check any receipt or invoice you got from the tire change, and see if they itemized any repairs such as TPMS parts or "initialization", "reprogramming" or other words that suggest someone did something by connecting to your OBDII port. Some rookie may have mistakenly done something to affect your FRM function. It's virtually a statistical IMPOSSIBILITY that your FRM just decided to have a massive failure while "at the dealership."

If your instrument cluster still works, look for "!" in a yellow triangle to the right of "P" in the lower display, with ignition ON but engine NOT running (don't press brake when pressing ON). That symbol means that Check Control codes have been set in the system memory. You can access those code numbers by following the procedure found in your Owner's Manual under "Check Control.

Please let us know what you find,
George

hey george,

heres what doesnt work

1 all exterior lights
2 headlights low and high beam
3 turn signals
4. the interior lights on the switches for the wondows but the windows roll down

everything else works. as far as i know cigertte sockets work to
i laso have no warnings on the dash nothing the turn signals act like everything is normal casue the lights in the dash blink when i try the turn signals

Last edited by 2011xi; 06-18-2017 at 09:46 AM.
Old 06-18-2017, 10:45 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 328xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011xi View Post
...i just got my car back from getting new tires, i noticed that the drive lights wernt working when i left... also guy told me i had no beaklights either. so i was getting ready to leave work and totally nothing no headlghts low beams high beams tail lights parking lights, also my interior light that light up my window switchs and what not dont work...car is a 2011 328i xdrive , it has the regular lights...i checked every fuse as well if there is something else i should check let me konw. i also have no turn signals and no reverse lights either, i had the tires changed at the bmw dealer ship as well.

If everything was working properly BEFORE you "had the tires changed" (at BMW dealership?) my opinion would be that someone there did SOMETHING to alter the FRM (Footwell Module) function. The FRM controls:
1) Exterior Lights
2) Interior Lights
4) Power Windows
5) Exterior Mirrors

If your instrument cluster still works, look for "!" in a yellow triangle to the right of "P" in the lower display. That symbol means that "Check Control" codes have been set. Follow the procedure in your Owner's Manual, found in the Index under "Check Control" to display those codes on the lower instrument cluster display, and let us know what you find.

George
Old 06-18-2017, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbalthrop View Post

If everything was working properly BEFORE you "had the tires changed" (at BMW dealership?) my opinion would be that someone there did SOMETHING to alter the FRM (Footwell Module) function. The FRM controls:
1) Exterior Lights
2) Interior Lights
4) Power Windows
5) Exterior Mirrors

If your instrument cluster still works, look for "!" in a yellow triangle to the right of "P" in the lower display. That symbol means that "Check Control" codes have been set. Follow the procedure in your Owner's Manual, found in the Index under "Check Control" to display those codes on the lower instrument cluster display, and let us know what you find.

George
ok so i checked the computer in my car etc the check control and theres nothing no warning no errors nothing. The car acts as if nothing is wrong how in the hell can this be, again when i took my car in there was noting wrong with it other than the tires had nails in them. do they hook up the obd II for any reason for the tires like maybe for the tpms etc. ?
Old 06-19-2017, 02:51 AM

Mein Auto: 328ix
Did you check all the battery connections to make sure they are firmly connected?
Old 06-19-2017, 11:40 AM

Mein Auto: '06 AW 330xi
Sounds like FRM failure. Check with your dealership about extended warranty for FRM

| LCI Msport Conversion | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | Custom Polyurethane Shore A90 Tension Strut Bushings | E93 M3 23.6mm Rear Sway Bar | UUC Front Sway Bar | Custom Heim Joint Rear Control Arms | Apex ARC-8 | Dunlop Direzza ZII Star Spec | Modified Dinan Cold Air Intake | aFe Oiled Drop-in Filter | Custom Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |
Old 06-19-2017, 07:22 PM

ok so i heard back today from the dealer and confirmed the frm module went bad or failed, however everything worked just fine when i took it in.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search