BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Keyless Remote - Battery Replacement

7K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  collins912 
#1 ·
Hello All,

I just bought a 2002 745i a couple months ago, and the unlock button on my remote has stopped working. Every other button works fine. I assume this means the battery is dying, but I am finding it impossible to open up the remote so as to replace the batter. Does anyone have any suggestions?

#3 ·
I had the same problem so I went to the dealer and bought a new one. Came home and decided to open the old fob once I got the new one. So here's the thing. The fob is glued at the seam so you'll have to force it open. Once opened you'll find the actual button that is for unlock is completely broken off the board. Put it back and solder on to the board. Then you'll have to crazy glue the fob back together. I did it to two fobs and it worked for both. So my wife uses the new one. I use one of the old ones I fixed and the other one is a spare. Oh you can save yourself $220 if your willing to try, that's how much a new fob cost me. Good luck.

Sent from my Droid using Bimmer App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.