BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

I am so excited, I can hardly stand it. Help me kill time with answers to ?'s.

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  kath00 
#1 · (Edited)
Wow, I just signed the papers for my new car and the wait is going to pretty much do me in unless I go into a 2 month deep sleep. I had to special order the config I wanted. I have been on the BMW site looking at all the features of my 2013 750i all day today. And it's only day 1. UGH :tsk:

Can I ask a few questions to help me pass the time and understand what I am getting?

1) For those of you who have special ordered, how long does it take to get the car? They are saying 8-12 weeks but I really need more detail than that! I am getting my production number tonight hopefull for the order. Will it give me a more specific date? Will it get here before Xmas? I got the 750i with Msport and the Executive package and the B&O system. No other extras.

2) How do you enter destinations into the nav while driving using a cursor? Is that possible? We have a touch screen on our car now and it's easy to just scroll ahead on the map and enter a destination as we drive down the freeway. But I didn't see any "freeform" way of using the map. I am assuming this is possible? Can I search POI while driving and enter those (like a Starbucks or gas station) easily? Or is it a pain?

3) Is anyone using the new dictation feature to send emails? Or is it really inaccurate and silly? I sometimes spend a LOT of time in the car in traffic so this would be nice. Is it possible to do this while driving or will it lock me out?

4) Do I pay for the traffic info after a certain time? How much is it? I know the XM radio is free for a year.

5) How often will I need to change break pads and tires for normal wear and tear? Does the 0 maintenance program cover brakes? I know it doesn't the tires...

Thank you so much for putting up with me. K

See less See more
#3 ·
yeah the wait is tough.....we were waiting 3 or 4 months for our cars because of a production delay on the ah7's......As for the navigation it works good.....(I think the display with Audi is better as it gives you a better warning of whats coming up), but you can voice command your entries which is pretty cool. well you can voice command a lot actually....calling people, even searching artists on your hard drive and playing music.....i've synced the bluetooth (iphone) and played internet radio that i subscribe to and the sound quality was excellent, actually better than XM radio....but i do fear data usage charges.....i'm sure it does more, but i'm usually pretty busy driving hard.....lol. not that NickyBlack wouldnt have any idea about that!

#5 ·
Here are my responses to those Qs I can answer:

2) People will probably call it dangerous (if you are driving and doing this at the same time), but, with that caveat, it is possible to use the cursor to enter a new destination or find a POI while driving.

3) I don't know about e-mail dictation. I found the voice command thing a little hard to use at the beginning and rarely use it to enter addresses. My most common use for it stop guidance on the NAV. I just didn't take the time to figure out what else it can do.

4) I've never had to pay for traffic after 2 years (knock on wood). The free sat radio ends after a year.

5) Depends on how you drive.

#6 ·
Here are my responses to those Qs I can answer:

2) People will probably call it dangerous (if you are driving and doing this at the same time), but, with that caveat, it is possible to use the cursor to enter a new destination or find a POI while driving.

3) I don't know about e-mail dictation. I found the voice command thing a little hard to use at the beginning and rarely use it to enter addresses. My most common use for it stop guidance on the NAV. I just didn't take the time to figure out what else it can do.

4) I've never had to pay for traffic after 2 years (knock on wood). The free sat radio ends after a year.

5) Depends on how you drive.
Thanks. The sales guy was demoing the text to speech capability of the system via an email it was reading out loud from his cel, and it was hillarious to listen to the computer try to parse out the words. Didn't sound English much of the time. I probably will stick to the basics of the system as well.

K

#7 ·
FYI... traffic is free. It comes over the airwaves not through XM....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.