BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Discolored mirror

Z4 Roadster (E85) 
4K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  SC2003Z4 
#1 ·
My passenger door outside mirror is discolored and very hard to see out of. The BMW dealer told me I needed a new mirror. He quoted me $450.00 just for the glass not including installation. Can I get it somewhere else and does that sound correct? Is it easy to replace?

#5 ·
Sounds like your auto-dimming fluid is leaking, which is common. I'd recommend replacing it with another auto-dimming mirror and not a standard mirror, despite it being a common failure point. Make sure you wipe down any corrosive fluid that leaks out.

Mirrors come up for sale occasionally on the forums. I may have a fully working mirror for sale in a month and a half for about half the price of new.

#7 ·
#11 ·
Call me cheap if you want to....I replaced both of my side mirrors with burco redi cuts from ebay last summer. All for under $50. They still look awesome.

I want to get the rear view serviced by one of those places that fix the leaking problem....rearview is one I want to keep auto-dimming.

#12 ·
Hi,

You have the same year car and color as mine. I actually ordered a dimmable heated mirror from get bimmerparts for 270.00. This is my wife’s car and she wanted them. I have a question for you. I bought mine used and wanted to know if you have a tool set on your trunk lid? Also I see in the manual there is supposed to be some wind deflectors that go on the head rest. Do you have them?

#13 ·
Berta'sbimmer, there are so many options that can be added to this car....wind deflector is one of them. Search the forum for wind deflector and for "windblox"... Original Equipment will always be more "Kosher" but not necessarily the best. A lot of people like the Windblox.

Toolset in the trunk....uhhhhhh. My car(used) came with tool pouch. Ron Stygar has picture of the same and item number. http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139093

Also check this page for a couple additional things in the trunk. http://www.bmwcca.org/forum/index.php?threads/did-the-z4-m-come-with-a-mobility-kit.9231/
I have found ECS Tunning to be very good for all kinds of parts, they are reasonable and have not let me down. I'll never order a thing from the dealership.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.