BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Alignment and balancing- can this be done at non bmw dealer

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  The X Men 
#1 ·
2011 x3.5i I was told that I need alignment and balancing of tires and was quoted $300:yikes:
Can this be done places that service all cars. I called places like good year tires and firestone and they said it can be done ( ~130). Only one service station (CJS tires) told me they do not the right equipment - that was surprising as it is big franchise

Please suggest where should I get it done ? Thanks

#2 ·
2011 x3.5i I was told that I need alignment and balancing of tires and was quoted $300:yikes:
Can this be done places that service all cars. I called places like good year tires and firestone and they said it can be done ( ~130). Only one service station (CJS tires) told me they do not the right equipment - that was surprising as it is big franchise

I had my alignment and balancing done at a national chain tire store, they turn out fine. Just make sure they are using a Hunter road force balancing mechine and they have the equipment to deal with runflat tires.

#3 ·

You can have it done at some place other than a dealership but it may not turn out well. Dealerships will follow proper bmw aligment procedures like weighting down the car before starting, other places may not.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.