Tags
525i
2K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Cyb3r H3x 
#1 ·
Looking to get into this, good idea?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Steering wheel and dash (near light switch) appear to be severely sun damaged -- or is that just the lighting in this photo?

Also the way the tailpipe hangs down from the rear bumper makes me wonder if the stock exhaust is damaged or a very poor fitting aftermarket system was fitted.

The above two concerns + mileage would make me keep looking for a better car, but that is just me. Have you checked for evidence of collision repair? And what options does the car have?

#5 ·
looks kinda rough.
i would invest in a 530i , you could find them around the same price.

#10 ·
Early E60's with some miles on them can easily become massive money pits. I'd at least be trying to get a copy of the service history and anything else you can find out about the car and it's history. Can you turn a wrench or would you be dependent on the dealership for anything that were to go wrong??

#16 ·
Something doesn't smell right on the state of the interior. If you look at the steering wheel and even the knob for the radio they look either extremely dusty or something has broken down the plastic. Usually you see this look on very old cars where the UV has eventually broken down the plastics. But other chemicals can attain that look. Is this perhaps a flood salvage?

#17 ·
I just bought my 2005 530i with 87K miles on the clock and every single service record since the single owner did a factory delivery (I even have all the factory delivery paperwork). The car looks brand new compared to those pics.

paid 14K cash. I'd keep looking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.