- Navigation
- Rear Climate Control
- iPod/USB
- Towing

50k/4 yr maintenance till: 07/25/2013
100k/6 yr CPO warranty till: 07/25/2015

Sticker: $39980
Current Price: $37900

Need tips on negotiating for lower price. $37900 is a bit too high for this car.
Will it be too low if I start with $34k with a upper limit of $35k ?

Thanks a lot for your expert advice!

See less See more
#3 ·
-how's the price compared to other cars in that spec? Try to find that and maybe some kbb prices? Remember also that cpo=BMW silver extended warranty they sell for new cars

#4 ·
Price for CPO is higher in this area due to limited number of dealerships and inventory.
After some more research I decided to buy from NY/NJ area where low mileage lease return are in relatively more supply than here in Albany, NY.

Got a 2009 CPO X5 with premium, tech, cold weather, rear climate, ipod/usb with 20267 miles for $36250. Hope this was a good deal. Dealer did not negotiate much from advertised price as it was already below KBB CPO retail.
Really happy with the car..and hope for the best now!

#7 · (Edited)
2009 had the n52b30

naturally aspirated 3.0

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_N52#N52B30

Kanishk nice purchase especially working locally in Albany. The engine is good one, tried and tested on many other series. Plus u have plenty of warranty on it. Do note, if ur dealer has a good service rep, u should probably take care of all problems u encounter before cpo kicks in. Once the cpo kicks in, u have to worry bout deductibles, and then fine print in regards to what's covered.

Enjoy such a beautiful vehicle!

#11 ·
Thanks for the useful link....getting into bimmers is a kind of cool experience esp. with the forums and responses here.

I will check for any issues and also read more about the CPO deductibles.

#10 ·
Tried 2010 X5s first and realized that a CPO 2010 X5 with around 20k miles and tech, premium, cold weather, rear climate are posted in 45-48k range. They are also a bit difficult to find since lease returns are not much in supply yet.

I am not an expert in BMWs but it seem like for used CPOs, finding the right vehicle is a bit challenging due to the packages one wants, mileage etc.

As for engine.....not sure what you mean by "3.0i is a horrible engine for the X5". Maybe you mean less power as compared to 35i?

I'm surprised that an 09 still costs so much.

OP, why not try to get something 10+. You get the newer iDrive. I'm sure you can get a LCI model for not much more with the better 35i. The 3.0i is a horrible engine for the X5

#13 ·
If u go for a cpo ask the deal for a "vmi"
Vehicle master inquiry minus previous customers personal information
This will tell u every single issue with this particular vehicle up to date as long as they have been going to a BMW dealership throughout

In my experience most sales guys will say they can't get u this info, then u tell them u want just the vehicle info not previous customers info, names etc

If they really want to sell u the vehicle then they will produce this info
If not there's a good chance this car has had multiple issues that they do not want u to see

Ps car fax is not the same...FYI

Vmi or walk:thumbup:

Hope this helps

Rob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.