BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Boot wont open

2K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  MatWiz 
#1 ·
Ive just bought a new boot mechanism (push handle, solenoid etc) as the only way I could open it was by the key, when I went to replace it, I tried to open it and it made a pretty horrible noise. I assumed it was the spring, which has gone before, only this time my boot is shut. Ive climbed in via the back seats in an attempt to open it but cant seem to do so. Ive even removed what fascia I can to try and get to the old mechanism, though some of it is obscured beacuse the boot is shut. Anyone had this problem before, and if so, how the hell do I open it. :dunno:

#5 ·
He is talking about a "boot", the other is talking about the "AB", and only LILD seems to have the psychic powers to read their minds.... :)

mw

#7 ·
i work in a body shop so most of the short words are easy to figure. however, it took me awhile to figure out that ae meant angle eyes, and as for the boot thing. i never got, comming from md, moved to nc, so being from up north, we call it a trunk, in the south for some stupid reason they call it a boot. just think when i first started working here, lild get that so and so out of the boot. spent hours lookin for a boot.:rofl:

#6 ·
boot secret

UKE39LOVER,

our E36 had a broken boot latch once. a local locksmith tore up the lock drilling it out, but had no luck. :mad:

luckly BMW had a secret spot behind the license plate where they drilled a hole and opened it. they installed a new latch and plugged the hole. :confused:

The car was loaded with 2-weeks of luggage for a long awaited vacation ::tsk:

this may be a job for the local BMW shop.

Good luck.
Brian

#8 ·
A boot is a trunk??????? :jawdrop:

If you would give me 100 questions and half hour to figure that out, I would fail....

mw

#14 ·
To make things even more confusing, a convertible roof is called a hood.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.