BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

BMW Drive for team USA - $1000 allowance

20K views 113 replies 38 participants last post by  justinnum1 
#1 ·
I just found out about the promotion at http://www.bmwusa.com/driveforteamusa.

Your registration for the BMW Drive for Team USA event is confirmed. We look forward to seeing you behind the wheel of the all-new 3 Series Sedan. Please remember to bring a valid driver's license so you can participate in this exciting event.

You won't want to miss this competitive event. As a thank you, only registered attendees will receive the limited-time $1,000 BMW Drive for Team USA Allowance, good toward the purchase or lease of a new 2012 or 2013 BMW model.* And once you have completed your experience, BMW will also recognize your drive with a $10 donation to Team USA.

But I missed my chance because i have already ordered mine. New owners, did you take advantage of this?

Soon to be owners, here's your chance, if you didn't know.

#6 · (Edited)
Yes, my car dealership has it, the earliest available appointment was on June 5th. My car would be delivered way before that. And it's not just delivery, even if you've ordered it before the event, you're done, no?

Fine print:

*BMW Drive for Team USA Allowance is available on all new 2012 and 2013 BMW models and can only be redeemed by individuals who participate in a scheduled BMW Drive for Team USA event and is non-transferable. The offer is valid from April 17, 2012 through October 31, 2012 on the lease or purchase of all eligible models except 2012 3 Series xDrive Sedans. The allowance on 2012 3 Series xDrive Sedans is valid until January 2, 2013. Offer may be redeemed at an authorized BMW Center for Stateside (U.S.) delivery only and cannot be used for European delivery. Offer not valid for vehicles delivered prior to event attendance or customer orders placed prior to event attendance. This offer may only be combined with certain eligible offers available at the time of delivery. Offer cannot be used for tax, title, registration, destination or other dealership fees. Some restrictions apply; see an authorized BMW center for details.

#11 ·
Registered! June 28th. Lines up nicely with when I am buying. Hell might just do the deal that night after the drive.

#12 ·
Allowance ??

I just reistered as well, but I only see this on the confirmation page? :dunno:

Your registration is now complete and your BMW experience has been scheduled for Friday, June 8, 2012, 4:00 PM at BMW of San Francisco.

Please print this page for your records.

In addition, BMW will donate $10 to Team USA for every scheduled test drive at the event up to a maximum of $200,000. If you would like to help raise even more funds for Team USA you have the opportunity to donate as well.

#31 · (Edited)
works at any dealer, not just the one you drove at - thru 10/31

I am working the event in the northeast - I can answer most questions - but questions regarding the incentive qualification need to go back your dealer...we have a nice f30 done for the event with the new accessories too:

#35 · (Edited)
you can go without anyone going along - you go solo. Only if you are requesting to drive something supplied by the dealer, does a salesperson go along. The tour cars are 4 F30's and the A4, the Is250 and the C 250. Be aware due to the amount of people that we are trying to accommodate, the test drive route is short - like 10 min....

#45 · (Edited)
Thanks Glen. That is what I was hoping to hear.

I'm going to use this event to confirm my decision to order a 2013 335i so hopefully they have a 335i in the mix they bring along. Even a 10 minute drive in a car that is broken-in will be excellent. So far, all I have driven have been dealer cars with under 50 miles on the odometer and I just can't bring myself to really flog a brand new car whose motor isn't even close to being broken-in.

#49 ·
"Varies from dealer to dealer" sounds about right.

I emailed my dealer and he came back saying he can't do anything for ordered cars. I've shot him another email saying there are other dealers who are accommodating the request. He hasn't gotten back to me yet.

If I got the $1000 off, i'd pour it right back to them and get some upgrades, or it would pay for the clear bra i plan to put on the car. Sigh.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.