BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2012 5 series

4K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  alandf 
#1 ·
Hi all.. looking at doing an ED 5 series in early August 2011. My questions is.. will the 2012 models be out by then ?

thanks in adavance

#2 ·
hard to say for sure, sometimes they are available for ED in July, but most often, October. Since this year was the first MY, it depends what changes they're planning to make. You have pleanty of time though to get better info

#3 ·
It is likely that you will miss it. Early August delivery cars are manufactured in July.

#12 ·
The differences are for the the tire pressure monitors. Post 9/10 have a different TPM.

#14 ·
Yep, correct. I just had to verify that fact with tirerack and BMW last week.

#20 ·
Also waiting. I read somewhere September was most likely. I also read the new 3 may be introduced late this year. I would like to see that car as I belive that BMW's shift in the design of the 5 should yield a 3 series closer to the E60 in size and performance. Many arguments here on the forum over the shift in the 5 towards the 7. It seems that the 1 series is positioned to be the new choice for the former 3. The introduction of the 1 M with the fanfare would seem to support this theory.

#21 ·
I'm planning to do an October ED, and will stipulate with the local dealer that I get a 2012 model, or else no deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.