BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2007 328i with 30k Miles, What should I be looking for?

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  CALWATERBOY 
#1 ·
I currently own a 6r and my girl wants to purchase either a Range Rover or a 3 Series. I found a 2007 328i(non bmw dealer) with low miles and the price is good. I was wondering if any 3 Series owners had any input as to what I should be checking for?? I asked the dealer for a carfax report and quickly received it, it has all the maintanace records done at the local BMW dealership and has had NO accidens. One owner and in very good condition. Is it still under warranty? Can anyone share there knowledge with me so that I can make a well informed purchase? Thanks

#3 ·
Unless there was an extended warranty the car is not under warranty. The 328 and 335 are nice cars with the 335 being more complicated than the 328. The 3 forums have the largest numbers of active members and to keep costs within reason. My 2007 has proven to be as reliable so far as my M3's have been.
Education regarding preventive maintenance and DIYs is essential.
The Land Rover is a totally different vehicle compared to the 3 series so as long as the 3 is acceptable to her it will certainly be cheaper to own and operate but will not have the untility of the Rover...

#7 ·
Congratulations on your new ride. The 328i has proven to be a very reliable car. Doing your own routine maintenance isn't too difficult and I bet you find it enjoyable.

#8 · (Edited)
I have a CPO 2007 328i that I bought last year with about 37K on the clock. Like the one you're getting, it was a one-owner lease driven. It had a clean Car Fax report and was maintained to BMW standards.

Mine has been a true joy to drive with only one nagging issue: The Bluetooth phone connectivity sometimes flakes out. The funny thing is that it "fixes itself" after a few days if the car sits. Perhaps the car re-boots the software?

As an aside, If you follow the so-called "old school" maintenance guidelines, 30K is about the time for a brake-fluid flush and fill, MT flush and fill, coolant flush and fill, rear diff flush and fill and other routine work.... assuming you want to keep the vehicle for a good long time.

Enjoy.

#14 ·
I currently own a 6r and my girl wants to purchase either a Range Rover or a 3 Series. I found a 2007 328i(non bmw dealer) with low miles and the price is good. I was wondering if any 3 Series owners had any input as to what I should be checking for?? I asked the dealer for a carfax report and quickly received it, it has all the maintanace records done at the local BMW dealership and has had NO accidens. One owner and in very good condition. Is it still under warranty? Can anyone share there knowledge with me so that I can make a well informed purchase? Thanks
Fraud. Only driven to church on Sunday? Mine's not my daily driver yet 800 mi/month is minimum use for this ol' boy. 500 mi/month is reclusive behavior....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.