BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

All of you have lost your minds

8K views 158 replies 23 participants last post by  Eight Thirty 
#1 ·
Please someone explain wtf has been going on. I figure it'll be more cohesive here in it's own little thread, while each of you explains your own personal variety of insanity.

Then I'll explain what I've been up to. Deal? Deal.

Begin.

#2 · (Edited)
I'll begin...

Chad became the stereotypical banker he was meant to be...

Usama sold panda...and bought an E30

Temoc thinks he has the fastest E36 in the world...

Joey and Philip are MIA...

Carlos left for the Navy? and just recently got back and is stationed in Flo-Rida...

Franklyn bought a 318...

Ed is being Ed...

and a bunch of newbs are flooding the fest...

I'll edit this post as I remember stuff...:)

Edit #1: Bombsquad came back for a little bit...his car isn't done yet...

Edit #2: Frank finished his swap...

Edit #3: Mike and Steven are MIA also...

#3 · (Edited)
^^^ I better not be one of those newbs! :mad:

Well, we don't really know each other, but I'll chime in anyway :)

I bought an e36 M3 in pretty rough shape, started fixing it up, ran out of money, then traded it for a 540i. I still have no money, and need a clutch and suspension components. I stick around here because the e36 section is by far the best on bimmerfest, and I've gotten to know most of the peeps here :thumbup:

#5 ·
You're kinda a newb in my mind, at least as to perusing the e36 section, but I do vaguely remember you. Don't think I've spoken to you much though, or if I did it wasn't noteworthy. :D Should've stayed with the e36, they're gorgeous sitting in your garage broken down.

#4 ·
Thank you dear!

I knew about Chad (though he is more like entry-level peon driving a vomitious car).

When has Temoc NOT thought his car is the fastest in the world?

That's the extent of what I knew. Chime in the rest of yous. So any promising newbs or all they all of the normal disposition? Where's Lou, what's new with Frank, and some of the other oldtimers like Kyle and Mike? All MIA still?

#8 ·
See-d. Thanks morely! Newb news? I knew about the swap finished and about BS (he PM'd me lol)

Cough cough *still a bitch*

Sent from my Droid using BimmerApp
And I see you're still calling innocent people foul words. Poor Randy. Bad squash blossom!

#7 ·
Cough cough *still a bitch*

Sent from my Droid using BimmerApp

#13 ·
Yep but wanted to see your opinion on the rampant madness going on here :lol: Like I said, I've been in pretty much constant contact with you and Chadie-princess.

I've been dumping money into my car as usual, and taking crappy pictures.

What's new with YOU! How's the car? What was with the whole parting out scare?
Ash is still down for the count, mainly just the door latch as the issue now. I changed the fuel pump but that didn't fix the problem, then I swapped the TMS chip out for the one that came with the car (AA) and it seemed to go away. She still doesn't sound *healthy* per se, but the codes went away and she isn't stuttering and I couldn't get her to die like she was doing pre-chip-swap. Other than that, just been sick still so haven't been able to do much with her. Yes, pieces of my heart and soul are still dying from not being able to drive her.

The parting out was me and Chad disagreeing on how much impact me and Ash have on the Fest. He said that you guys would freak out if something like me parting her out were to happen, I said nay, so we decided on the experiment. We all know the results. Sigh. But I'm over the strike, obviously, since I'm here freaking out about this insanity. Good to see YOU are still sticking with the normal e36 pattern and not lost your mind.

Oh, and I ran into my side mirror the other day. Left a big bruise on my tummy but knocked the mirror off and I can't get it to go back on again. Anyone have any ideas? It looks like it should just snap back into place and the top part does, but I can't get the bottom two to go in. Whats with that?

#15 ·
Ditto here, and I doubt I'd trade for anything anyway considering how much time, money, and heartache I've put into her at this point.

No tilt, they just stay in place. The whole mirror, as in the part that connects to the door.

#17 ·
Bolts? They don't look like bolts. It looks like three little pins that should snap into place into the door. No, I haven't wanted to pull the door panel on that side. I don't have enough clips to replace the ones that will break. Guess I'll have to though, maybe I can finagle some free ones again.

#21 ·
:confused: Are they itty bitty then? That is highly uncool. I'll take a picture tomorrow of what it looks like, cause they really don't look like bolts.

hai!!! :wave:
Hiiiiiiii Steven!!! How's things?

#42 ·
Epic mega quote imminent. You have been warned.

hey amber:wave: glad to see you're around.

have you found a door latch unit yet?? :dunno:

been busy trying to school the noobs and still manage to be polite and 'jesterly'....

life goes on, what can ya say??

what's new with you??

df
Glad you're still here! I don't think I've ever seen you NOT be polite and jesterly, so :D Nothing much new here, just continuation of the same old routine of fix the car, break the car, get mad at the car, rinse and repeat, every now and then throwing mods in.

What about me guys? :(
I asked about you!

My car broke down at teh end of august. hydrolock, and a dead DME, cracked radiator.

Tow guy ripped a hole in the underbody. filed for insurance.. got a high estimate, paid for all of the above fixes, and ordered coilovers, brembo's all around with hawk hps pads :D
Wow, talk about bad luck. What coilovers did you get? And BBK or just higher quality rotors? I didn't open the link :eeps:

Supposedly I've lost my mind for crashing panda and selling it because I couldn't afford to buy a new hood, bumper, headlights, and a front end respray lol... Ill find my way back into an e36 sometime :)
Whooooaaaa what happened?? No one was hurt I hope! And liking the e30? It's really hard to picture you NOT in Panda.

Glad to see you around amber! I've been driving lola and picking on franklyn :)
Woohoo! You've carried on the tradition :rofl:

I've been busy with work and stuff , and of course tinkering with my e36 .

I think E36P will try a lot of cars then realise he belongs in an e36 and "return home" so to speak . :rofl:
You're one of the sane ones, thankfully. :D

I'm just floating around....

Worked out the kinks in my swap then last night the car wanted to act dumb :loco:

Now im looking into new injectors and fuel rail... :(
Yeah I saw in the OT thread. Besides that, everything's ok?

Put teh mirror back on with duct tape it comes in many colors I am sure you can find some that matches your bra.
Its not like its going to fall off if you cant drive her.

Its a fine lookin ride:thumbup:
Noooo.... duct tape leaves marks on the paint; my car cover is currently holding it up so it doesn't scratch the door. The wiring is holding it attached to the car, it's just flopping around.

And thanks!

At least you have your car. Mines 87457389847 miles north. :(

All else is well on my end though.
Are you in Pensacola? Why no car? Go get her then come visit me and Ken!

Overhauled my cooling system. Fan flung off a bunch of blades as I was backing into my garage. No damage to the radiator fortunately......
Wound up replacing the fan twice. Didn't get it tight enough on the clutch the first time and it worked it's way forward until it made contact with the fan shroud and tore both up.
All's good now though!

Glad to have you back! Too much unbridled testosterone flying around here without you on line!
Eeeewwww TWO fans went kaboom?? Ouch! Very glad you didn't lose your radiator in all that mess! Hahaha I'm sure they haven't been THAT bad, though no telling with the newbs..... :eek:

Here's what the mirror looks like:

Bad pics taken with my cell, but see, they aren't bolts. Told ya so! So how do I get it reattached? The top one will snap in, but the bottom two won't. I may just not be strong enough, or they may be completely broken. Blah.

#26 ·
My car broke down at teh end of august. hydrolock, and a dead DME, cracked radiator.

Tow guy ripped a hole in the underbody. filed for insurance.. got a high estimate, paid for all of the above fixes, and ordered coilovers, brembo's all around with hawk hps pads :D

#31 ·
Supposedly I've lost my mind for crashing panda and selling it because I couldn't afford to buy a new hood, bumper, headlights, and a front end respray lol... Ill find my way back into an e36 sometime :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.