BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Ridin' Solo

2K views 42 replies 7 participants last post by  Boab 
#1 · (Edited)
Please do not tell me about my ride height.

Im more kinda worried about getting too and from work than being low.

Low will come when it comes. :)

Maybe along with a new heart (m50) ask me later and ill explain. :)

I know what im doing with this finally... thought about it while i was in bed. :)

Meh... interior need to be a different color and in better condition.

For 180k miles.... clean? :dunno:

Cool angles

Eh? :D

Also.. the car was not clean... i just wanted to take pics. Lmao

See less See more
#4 ·
Apple sticker cause its cool... only thing thats really "mine" on the car.

And the spoiler was the PO's fault. i JUSTTT thought of a way to get it mounted... although i wish i could just get rid of this altogether... looks like crap to me.

but anyways..

Thanks los? :) ahaha

#5 ·
Hmmm never relized that the pin stripes didn't run through the fenders. and needs more tints

#8 ·
So its a little later.....whats up with the m50 swappy?

#10 ·
Hence the m bumper....like me :D

#11 ·
Yeah i clicked post a little to early sorry about that. and i actually tinted my front plate. :)

Im suprised you didnt ask how its mounted like that. we wont go there... it involved a drill.

And im prepping for the winter months. like making sure i have EVERYTHING all ready. so nothing can go wrong then in the spring... im going to be swapping in a m50 in a day or two is my goal. were talking some overhaulin type deal.

#16 ·
Yeah i clicked post a little to early sorry about that. and i actually tinted my front plate. :)

Im suprised you didnt ask how its mounted like that. we wont go there... it involved a drill.

And im prepping for the winter months. like making sure i have EVERYTHING all ready. so nothing can go wrong then in the spring... im going to be swapping in a m50 in a day or two is my goal. were talking some overhaulin type deal.
I thought the plate location was a new place you guys had thought up while I was away. Didn't think it'd be prudent to mention it.

Hmmmm.... interesting plan here. Why worry about the old people buying it though if you're planning to swap? :confused:

Pin stripes do normally run all the way down the fenders. In Franklyn's case, his front fender has clearly been replaced and/or painted.
It could've been a new trend.

#19 ·
Amber: i have euro plate mounts.. and i didnt want to put my non euro plate there... so needless to say i wanted to "hide" it to the best of my abilities.. i drilled 4 holes in the bumper and put some wire in there to hold it.

And i think im the only one with my plate there.. lmao

The trend is franklyn lazy and not wanting to go actually take the rest off... because im def not going to get the rest put on.

Clay bar comment: i have not. will give this a try. supposed to be 70* ish here tomorrow... so i might wake up before 1pm and so it... or at least try.

Alan: its a sticker....ill get to it eventually.

How does the gloss roof look?

Better than the matte?

#23 ·
Amber: i have euro plate mounts.. and i didnt want to put my non euro plate there... so needless to say i wanted to "hide" it to the best of my abilities.. i drilled 4 holes in the bumper and put some wire in there to hold it.

And i think im the only one with my plate there.. lmao

The trend is franklyn lazy and not wanting to go actually take the rest off... because im def not going to get the rest put on.

Clay bar comment: i have not. will give this a try. supposed to be 70* ish here tomorrow... so i might wake up before 1pm and so it... or at least try.

Alan: its a sticker....ill get to it eventually.

How does the gloss roof look?

Better than the matte?
I see now.

It's not a legit method of removal, I was just claying the car and it happened so I ran with it.

I can't tell in those pics.

As far as I know, pin stripes are never painted on modern cars. I'm pretty sure they're always stickers.
This.

#21 ·
Unless they are an expensive custom job, yes. The reason I said that was that the front end had been resprayed, and if the PO was a body guy, he could have painted them. You are right though, its definately rare.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.