BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

cpt8000 replacement

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  CPurewal 
#1 ·
Aloha if anyone can give a little assistance I would appreciate it. The dealer here had no idea how to replace my missing phone but finally someone in service suggested I look on e-bay. Once I had a replacement phone I could then bring it to one of their experienced technicians and pay $300So, . I just bought a new cpt8000 for Verizon (duplicate replacement) on E-Bay. Can anyone suggest the process to activate and integrate the replacement phone. I guess the first thing is to take the cell phone to my Verizon agent and have my old cell number activated on the new phone? And then should I just be able to plug it in and be done or are there "high tech programming things" that only the BMW dealer can do??
Thanks,
Mark :cry:

#2 ·
swannie said:
Aloha if anyone can give a little assistance I would appreciate it. The dealer here had no idea how to replace my missing phone but finally someone in service suggested I look on e-bay. Once I had a replacement phone I could then bring it to one of their experienced technicians and pay $300So, . I just bought a new cpt8000 for Verizon (duplicate replacement) on E-Bay. Can anyone suggest the process to activate and integrate the replacement phone. I guess the first thing is to take the cell phone to my Verizon agent and have my old cell number activated on the new phone? And then should I just be able to plug it in and be done or are there "high tech programming things" that only the BMW dealer can do??
Thanks,
Mark :cry:
if it is a true cpt8000 bmw phone, then take it to a verizon dealer, or call 611. have them put the serial number on ur acct. plug it in to ur car, and it shoud work.

chan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.