BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Z4 horn replacement

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Nordschleife 
#1 ·
hello fellow Z4'ers

My horns have simultaneously expired (have checked everything during my scheduled service) and need replacing. My shop checked them but while they were out on the bench being tested they did not call me to replace them. Only confimred that they did not work. So now I need to replace both sides. A couple of questions:

1) Instructions on how to access and to R & R

2) Do I need to buy one low and one high pitched horn? Or can I replace with two High pitched (looked for replacement item at NAPA)

3) Is the upgrade to Hella's worth it and do I need two, or will one side suffice. Easy plug and play on these or is modification requries?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Pete

#2 ·
hello fellow Z4'ers

My horns have simultaneously expired (have checked everything during my scheduled service) and need replacing. My shop checked them but while they were out on the bench being tested they did not call me to replace them. Only confimred that they did not work. So now I need to replace both sides. A couple of questions:

1) Instructions on how to access and to R & R

2) Do I need to buy one low and one high pitched horn? Or can I replace with two High pitched (looked for replacement item at NAPA)

3) Is the upgrade to Hella's worth it and do I need two, or will one side suffice. Easy plug and play on these or is modification requries?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Pete
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193070&highlight=z4+horn

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.