BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

CCC failure

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  LF IL bimmer 
#1 ·
Hello. The display of my bmw e90 (year 2005) has recently stopped working. I took it to the dealer and they told me that it is CCC failure. However, the next morning when I started the car it worked perfectly well until I stopped the car. so is the everyday. It works only after 6-7 hours of rest. for example, it works early mornings when I go to work. Once I stop the car, and then start again it stops working. every 5 minutes the CCC reboots but fails to work.

My first assumption was the fan because in cold weather it worked even when there was only 2-3 hours break(rest).

Thanks in advance for help!

#3 ·
Try keeping both discs, if any, out of the DVD/CD slots.

#6 · (Edited)
The easiest way is measure the voltage.

The easiest way is measure the voltage.
Yes I know its not a load test but it is and indicator.
You have to be careful how and when you measure because
if the car is awake and the engine is off it will measure
lower because it draws .5 amps in the this state. It
should measure above 12 and idealy 12.4 to 12.6 when the
engine is off. Anything below 12 may cause the IBS system
to turn what it deems unnecessary stuff off .
If its low charge it lock the car and see how it holds the voltage
overnight also there is a glass eye indicator on the battery if
it OEM.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...dhOSc2JggwVqMGg&bvm=bv.60157871,d.cGU&cad=rja

When the engine is running the measurement should be around 14.5 for lead acid
battery's. You are measuring the alternator at this point.

Ways to measure the battery.
1)Get a Volt meter for 20 bucks at radio shack.
2)Use and elm327 and the torque app or some variation.
3)coding setup
4)Hidden Menu if you have the patience to enter the code.
http://e90.wikifoundry.com/page/BC+hidden+menus
item 9 displays the voltage.

#7 ·
CCC flashes

Did you determine the problem with your CCC. Did you have to replace it. I have the exact same problem with an '04 530i. The idrive screen, radio, nav, etc all work when I first start the car for the day. If I use the car throughout the day it stops working and flashes over and over again. The indy says I need to replace the CCC which is like $1500+ US. My theory is that it stops working once it gets warm. There is a fan on the back of the unit. I am wondering if it is simply a fan failure. If so it seems crazy to replace the whole unit for $1500-$1800 vs simply replacing the fan. The indy says CCC comes as one part and the fan cannot be ordered separately. I have found a few websites that seem to sell CCC in parts, including the fan. Has anyone had any success simply replacing the fan?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.