BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Just test drove a couple of 328i's back to back...

8K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  dtc100 
#1 ·
I went to the dealer and test drove the new 328i sedan with turbo four engine, then compared it with the 328i coupe with NA six. I gotta say, the four is nice with the new interior, cool shifter, push button change in driving mode (sport, comfort, economy)... but the engine power and turbo was not my cup of tea! I felt like it was just an overworked four banger, and I was bored with it by the end of my test drive...

the NA six 328i coupe was much much better! I wish it had the new interior tho...

so I am in love with the NA six, and the new interior. The salesman said I'd have to pick one... can't have it all:bawling:

I think I'll wait till next year to test drive a 2014 328i coupe 2.0TT and see how I like it.

#3 ·
Yep 335i

Not much difference in price depending on the Options. You will love the 335i Motor :thumbup::bigpimp: Just Thinking;)

#6 ·
We will never know because we will never get that engine in the U.S. again. Turbocharging is here to stay and all of us might as well get used to it.[/QUOTE]

I wonder how long these turbo4 engines will last. I've seen countless bmw NA-6 engines go close to 200k miles. These turbo4s will probably only get past 120k before retiring...

I'll probably just lease a 328 insteading of buying...

#8 ·
I wonder how long these turbo4 engines will last. I've seen countless bmw NA-6 engines go close to 200k miles. These turbo4s will probably only get past 120k before retiring...

I'll probably just lease a 328 insteading of buying...
I think you're probably mistaken. Small turbo engines are incredibly common in Europe (everyone has gone to them, even Ford) and they are still quite reliable.

No question that the normally aspirated engine sounds better and is smoother, but it gets worse fuel economy and actually quite a bit less powerful than the new motor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.