BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

EML error code

3K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  X308Black 
#1 ·
Guys I cranked my x3 last night and left it with the ac blowing before we left. I probably ran for 10-15 mins. When I got in it I noticed the EML light was on. Everything looked fine. I cut if off and waited a min and started and the light went off. I looked up that in the manuel and stated I could drive it. Would autozone be able to tell me what the actual code is? I havent ever had a code on it before. The only problem I have been having it when the car is being stopped even sometimes with letting off the gas there is a dragging sound like the brakes are dragging if that makes sense?

#2 ·
guys the fault code did not come back, but I went to Advance and they read the code as P0597. Something about the temp circuit. Any Idea? That kind of makes sense because the car ran for 20+ mins with the ac on sitting parked late afternoon. It was really hot there too 90 degrees or better

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.