BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Who said 128 style wheels wouldnt fit a F01/F02?

16K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Sanj- 
#1 ·
I guess they do fit after all..

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Personal luxury car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Alloy wheel

Land vehicle Alloy wheel Vehicle Spoke Car

See less See more
#4 ·
Ive never had a single issue with mines and I had them now for 3yrs...I wouldnt put them on my next car if I get the F02 because they're aged for me but they are very strong!

#5 ·
I would like to hear from the owner of that car. The off-sets are such that the wheel will rub on the inside of the rear tires.

Two dealers and even BMWNA confirmed these cannot be used on the F01/F02. In addition, two wheel makes familiar with the rims also stated this. If those are in fact 128's, let's get the owner to chime in on their function.

#9 ·
Two dealers and even BMWNA confirmed these cannot be used on the F01/F02. In addition, two wheel makes familiar with the rims also stated this. If those are in fact 128's, let's get the owner to chime in on their function.
I am sure BMW dealer, and BMWNA was going off of the stock offsets. In the aftermarket/custom scene, people mess with wheel offsets all the time.

The front should just go right on there, but the rear is where you may have to get a little creative. Worse case, fender roll, or run a narrower tire size.

#6 ·
I saw one other F02 on Ebay about 2 months ago that had these 128 wheels on and thought the same thing. They probably have spacers on or something.....and I don't think spacers are something you normally want to run on a car IMHO.

Get the style 311's....they are the updated version of the style 128.

#7 ·
Yeah, I bet your right; spacers. I remember talking to a tech about this and he advised against spacers as it changes how the car drives. I don't know, but I declined the risk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.