BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

The official E9x OT thread!

2M views 4K replies 138 participants last post by  i🫶myN54 
#1 ·
Many of you have asked for it... so here it is.

While this is OT, all of the rules still apply. Keep in mind that personal attacks an NSFW material will get posters in hot water.

Enjoy.

- Mike

#3,545 · (Edited)
I'm heading downstairs to take a short cruise on Mizner's Dream (The shuttle boat to the Beach Club). There were two Maserati Quatroportes parked in front today (along with a Honda Accord :dunno:).

More pics to follow.

CA

#3,556 ·
Another one of the E9X regulars is getting ready to leave you, has been spotted in the F30 forum.

That is all.

BJ
Your signature pictures make me want to head over to the BMW website to price one out. Very sharp looking car, even without he sports package.

But, alas, I still love the E90 and will continue to plan on a 8-10 year life-cycle with it and then perhaps replace with an F30 LCI if the time frame fits. :thumbup:

So far, the loaner F30s have made me nothing but happy to be back in my E90, though none looked as nice as yours.

#3,555 · (Edited)
Anyone that is leasing and many that bought will eventually be replacing their cars and the F30 would be a logical choice even to those who preferred some aspects of the E9x. The fact that they are choosing a car that they can buy over a car that they can't buy doesn't really make much of a statement. In any case I would guess that the vast majority of those who trade their E9x for an F3(4)x will be satisfied with their choice.

I have zero interest in an F30 as I have no need for a small sedan but may look at the F31 and F32 when they are released.

CA

#3,559 ·
I replaced the battery in my 2006 325xi earlier this year. Fun. On Black Friday, there was a perfect upgrade at the dealer - a CPO 2009 328xi, with more options AND had sport and stick. So I bought it. Battery died the next day!

Apparently being in service for four years and then being powered by battery for several days for cleaning, set up, etc, wasn't really good for it. My dealer was amazing and replaced it right away. Now I'm set for (at least) another four years!

I keep looking for the wrong color red in the parking lot, though. Went from Japanrot to Barberarot. So weird.

#3,563 ·
Thanks. Just a little Velcro on the bottom edge and I'm all set. It conveniently doubles as a cupholder cover, so thieves never even know its there.

But when it's in position, ah, that's the ticket. Not as bulky as the older shroud design, the display is higher in your line of sight but takes up no more space.

One of these days I'm going to put in larger wheels, a head-up display, a foot-opening trunk, and a 4 cylinder engine that bumps HP and torque, but those are projects for another day.

BJ

#3,574 · (Edited)
Christmas Tree Lighting at The Boca Club

And the view from our balcony this morning.

#3,583 ·
I'm back up North. In Western Mass. for a few days and then back to NYC till after the New Year.

I'm COLD!

#3,587 · (Edited)
I'm in the Berkshires visiting friends. It is in the high 40s and damp. Not that bad considering how cold it can be here this time of the year. Going back to NY early tomorrow. Its the Chowder Club Christmas Party.

CA

#3,590 ·
I'm coldER than CA...just came back from a 10-day trip to the Dominican Republic and holy rude awakening, we do live in a pretty cold climate...well at least in the winter! :)

Oh, and the 328 started somewhat slugglishly so some spirited driving on local highways was in order, so that the battery could get recharged.

#3,593 · (Edited)
I have had 32 power outages since about 5:00pm last night. THIRTY-TWO in seven hours, most of them in the latter half of that period. Most lasted well under a minute, which gets REALLY tiresome after twenty or so. This last one is approaching an hour.

All this from a piddly little storm that barely warranted shoveling the driveway. I guess after Sandy they reassembled the infrastructure in these parts with paper clips and bungee cords. :mad:

#3,594 ·
Rats nests on polls, everywhere I look, around these parts in Connecticut. I hope you have a house-wide surge protector, if not it's time to invest in one...I'm looking as we speak though most of our critical electronics are protected but not the house as a whole.

We picked up an 8k watt generator too....

#3,595 ·
@BEMO - It is freaking cold up here. People in the Caribbean have no idea what it feels like to be up here.

Wedding update: Signed venue contract, caterer contract, band contract and rabbi. Gotta do Ketubah, save the dates/invitations, flowers/lighting, rehearsal dinner, tux, wedding dress, wedding registry, photographer, honeymoon (we are thinking Philippines). OMG, wedding planning is so much work!

And, gotta start thinking of C2CV!

#3,596 ·
#3,597 ·
Town of Mansfield: "We'll let you pay your real estate tax bill online. We'll take the money straight from your checking account. And the charge for this is only ..."

Me: "Oh, you're going to charge me for doing all the data entry for you and giving you direct access to my checking account? Fine. Let's do it this way - I'll send you a check from my online account for free, and you can then manually enter all the information into your tracking system without a bill stub."

Morons.

#3,598 ·
I have found city governance the slowest in moving to electronic systems and utilizing them properly. Our city used to charge $2.50 for online payment of water bills, because they used an outside vendor. Now they have their own system and there is no charge, but the account log in and payment process is SOOOO tedious. I just send them an eCheck from my bank for free that they need to process like any other old check. Welcome to 2013. :eeps:

Perhaps the ESCROW account we decided on wasn't such a bad idea after all. :rofl:

#3,600 ·
Audi S8

We are heading back to Florida next week and are kicking around the idea of purchasing a Florida car to replace the Jag XKR that came off lease last fall.

I am seriously interested in the new Audi S8. Hopefully Braman (we bought the E93 from them) will have one available for a test drive.

CA

#3,601 ·
We are heading back to Florida next week and are kicking around the idea of purchasing a Florida car to replace the Jag XKR that came off lease last fall.

I am seriously interested in the new Audi S8. Hopefully Braman (we bought the E93 from them) will have one available for a test drive.

CA
A 7 series and an A8? Pretty soon you'll need a chauffeur, CA! :p

(Let me know if you're hiring... :eeps:)

#3,606 ·
Love Wyoming Valley Morors!

I just can't fault Wyoming Valley Motors, Kingston Pa for anything.

I didn't buy my e92 there but they have treated me right inspite of that fact. Today I had my 2nd yearly inspection, rear brake service (including new rotors), brake light replacement, state inspection with a wash and interior cleaning ... all for $19. (The state inspection)

So far, except for an alignment, my total expenses there has been $38.

They also offer late hours on Wed. as well as Sat. hours and they have never tried to sell me any unnecessary service unlike the Toyota dealer for my wife's Rav4.

As far as I'm concerned, Wyoming Valley Motors is THE dealer in NE Pa. :thumbup:

#3,607 ·
So this is how the out-of-warranty service experience begins...(Mind you, I have paid for extra services out of pocket before at this place with in-between oil changes and yearly brake flushes.)

cwinter: Hi, can I get an appointment for an oil service, no light reset. Can you get it done in 1 hour so I can wait on it and won't need a loaner?

SA: It'll take 1-2 hours.

cwinter: Oh...well, I can't wait two hours on it, I guess I'll need a loaner then.

SA: We don't do loaners for oil changes only, unless it is Saturday.

cwinter thinking to himself, he's had loaners before just for oil changes, that is odd...

SA: Let me check with the loaner department.

(No response for over 1 hour.)

cwinter: Nevermind, I'll take it to the Indy shop. Closer to the office and they can get me in and out in 1 hour.

SA: Sorry I couldn't help ya...

--------------

Have used this dealership for service for over 3.5 years now and bought there. :dunno:

#3,608 ·
So this is how the out-of-warranty service experience begins...(Mind you, I have paid for extra services out of pocket before at this place with in-between oil changes and yearly brake flushes.)

cwinter: Hi, can I get an appointment for an oil service, no light reset. Can you get it done in 1 hour so I can wait on it and won't need a loaner?

SA: It'll take 1-2 hours.

Have used this dealership for service for over 3.5 years now and bought there.
I'd respond to you, but I'm at my dealership service department in a leather lounge chair and fresh cookies just came out of the oven.

BJ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.