BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Auto Hold question

3K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  BaranE 
#1 ·
Hey there!

I have an Auto Hold question. I know how it works (I read the manual, yes!! ;) ) and I've tried the feature on my new 2012, my 2010 750i and my 2011 X5 35d.

When using the Auto Hold at red lights & when stopped, do the rear brake lights illuminate, so other cars will know I am stopped? Or does the Auto Hold simply hold the car, with no brake lights? Thanks a lot!

#3 ·
Perhaps this is why we are falling so far behind in the scientific disciplines in this country.

Allow me to suggest an experiment. Method: 1. Engage AutoHold, 2. While car is stopped get out and observe brake lights. Report your findings here- I'm sure we're all eagerly awaiting your breakthrough discovery.

#4 ·
Perhaps this is why we are falling so far behind in the scientific disciplines in this country.

Allow me to suggest an experiment. Method: 1. Engage AutoHold, 2. While car is stopped get out and observe brake lights. Report your findings here- I'm sure we're all eagerly awaiting your breakthrough discovery.
Wow...did I do something to piss you off, get off on the wrong side of the bed?? Sorry, my post annoyed you. Like my Mom taught me, if you don't have anything nice to say...... :thumbup:

I've tried what you so kindly suggested :rofl:, but when I get out of my new 2012 Hybrid, whether the key is left in the car, or the key is in my hand or pocket...THE CAR SHUTS OFF TOTALLY! So, while I am disciplined in my sciences...I cannot do as you suggest!!!!

#10 ·
Here is a follow-on question from the sarcastic East: when the active cruise control is on, does the brake lights come on when the cruise control is braking?

#11 ·
LIRacer, with the supposition being that being from NY, you are undoubtedly a Yankees fan, and myself being from that more northern bastion of civilization wherefrom this nation was founded, I am a Red Sox fan, allow me to suggest an experiement for YOU: while you are on the highway with active cruise engaged, crawl out and peek over the trunk to see... naw, just kidding, bro!

#12 ·
You're from Philly and a Red Sox fan? :rofl: I was thinking of doing just that, but can't get a long enough straight to be able to get to the rear and back before a turn.

#13 ·
Chrischeung....THANK YOU for the battery run HVAC tip :)

OK..*****, the best feature that I did not know about. So thank you Chrischeung!!

Yesterday, my car was parked for hours & hours in the 95F garage. I just clicked the little diamond button on the keyfob, and the battery turned on & activated the air conditioning. I went about getting my shoes on in the house, getting a water bottle, hitting the bathroom real quick, finding my wallet & cell phone, etc, etc...And BAM!! When I got in the car, it was nice and cool. What an awesome treat.

When I parked, to run in and pick up our Mexican food for dinner, I turned my car off...and then touched the fan button on the climate control, before exiting & locking the car. The climate turned on, and when I got back in the car.....BAM!! Perfectly chilled interior.

I cannot even express how much this will be used, in our brutal July-Oct summers, where most days are 100+. Awesome, amazing & brilliant feature. Thank you BMW & Chrischeung!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.