Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 06-25-2015, 01:30 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 320xi
I've made 3 big concerted efforts in coding my car. Finally succeeded in getting EBT to work. I also tried to make some other mods - the changes are in several different CAFD files and the first time I just read all the data, went offline, made the changes, came back to the car and coded all of them. Well about 10% of it took and the rest didn't. I went back the 3rd time and would change the CAFD file for an individual ECU (I guess that the right term) and then coded, and then turned car off/on and for the most part things stuck. however I coded the stereo to turn off when I opened the drivers door and also for the car to auto unlock when I pressed STOP button. Initially for about 3 days it worked and then it stopped working. So I'm not sure what I'm missing. Do I need to just go back and code those specific things one by one again? I watched several videos on YouTube that helped me nail down the steps which helped.
Old 06-25-2015, 01:39 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOEYPDX View Post
I've made 3 big concerted efforts in coding my car. Finally succeeded in getting EBT to work. I also tried to make some other mods - the changes are in several different CAFD files and the first time I just read all the data, went offline, made the changes, came back to the car and coded all of them. Well about 10% of it took and the rest didn't. I went back the 3rd time and would change the CAFD file for an individual ECU (I guess that the right term) and then coded, and then turned car off/on and for the most part things stuck. however I coded the stereo to turn off when I opened the drivers door and also for the car to auto unlock when I pressed STOP button. Initially for about 3 days it worked and then it stopped working. So I'm not sure what I'm missing. Do I need to just go back and code those specific things one by one again? I watched several videos on YouTube that helped me nail down the steps which helped.
Are you selecting CAFD => Code FDL and not the ECU => Code?

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Old 06-25-2015, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macastel View Post
Shawn:

can you please send me download link for e-sys and PSdZDATA. I just got a new 2015 550i.

thanks in advance!

Macastel@hotmail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by wli View Post
Hi, just got my ENET cable from ebay, but e-sys and PSdZDATA files are missing.
Thanks in advance for your help
PM sent.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Old 06-25-2015, 03:26 PM

Mein Auto: F10 530d
Can I have 56.0 Full?
Always Thanks
Old 06-25-2015, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWzone View Post
Can I have 56.0 Full?
Always Thanks
No. Not ready yet.

Old 06-25-2015, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Are you selecting CAFD => Code FDL and not the ECU => Code?

I'm choosing Code FDL
Old 06-25-2015, 06:14 PM

Quote:
I'm choosing Code FDL
Well, I'm at a loss. I have never ever heard of coding disappearing on its own after be coded, and knowing very well what is going on with coding, it's just not possible. The only way existing codings can change is if it is recoded.

Old 06-26-2015, 08:17 AM

I coded again last night to enable the radio shut off when the drivers door is open and that worked. Worked this morning too. I've tried to get the fold/unfold of the mirrors when you lock and unlock (whether fob or comfort access) and that doesn't work. So not sure if I'm not changing the right entries. But I did take extra careful care in the steps so maybe I screwed something up before.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:21 AM

Quote:
I coded again last night to enable the radio shut off when the drivers door is open and that worked. Worked this morning too. I've tried to get the fold/unfold of the mirrors when you lock and unlock (whether fob or comfort access) and that doesn't work. So not sure if I'm not changing the right entries. But I did take extra careful care in the steps so maybe I screwed something up before.
Did you press and hold Fob Button / CA Ridges for 20 seconds?

Old 06-26-2015, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Did you press and hold Fob Button / CA Ridges for 20 seconds?
I'll try the CA Ridges again. I tried that upon locking the car with the fob but nothing happened. When I used FOB unlocked and held the windows all went down, locking and holding fob brought all windows up but the mirrors didn't fold.

Last edited by JOEYPDX; 06-26-2015 at 08:40 AM.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:55 AM

Quote:
I'll try the CA Ridges again. I tried that upon locking the car with the fob but nothing happened. When I used FOB unlocked and held the windows all went down, locking and holding fob brought all windows up but the mirrors didn't fold.
And you set all 5 of these in FEM to aktiv?

ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN
ASP_AUSKLAPPEN_NACH_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN
KOMFORTOEFFNUNG_FB
KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB
KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_PA

And optionally this:

KOMFORT_SCHLIESSEN = Werte=00?

Old 06-26-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
And you set all 5 of these in FEM to aktiv?

ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN
ASP_AUSKLAPPEN_NACH_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN
KOMFORTOEFFNUNG_FB
KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB
KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_PA

And optionally this:

KOMFORT_SCHLIESSEN = Werte=00?
Oh ho! I don't remember the first 2 at all, the last 3 yes. I will check the cheat sheet I had when I get home; that may be the ticket! I got my backup from Bimmer Tech yesterday so I have that project and more coding so I can just do this all together. Thanks S.S.! I'll report back.
Old 06-26-2015, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Oh ho! I don't remember the first 2 at all, the last 3 yes. I will check the cheat sheet I had when I get home; that may be the ticket! I got my backup from Bimmer Tech yesterday so I have that project and more coding so I can just do this all together. Thanks S.S.! I'll report back.
If ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN is not aktiv, they will never fold.

Old 06-26-2015, 05:56 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 320D
Hi Shawn

Can you please PM me the latest Esys and PSDzDATA.

You seem to be the man to go to ***128522; Thank you in advance. :-)
Old 06-27-2015, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oulson View Post
Hi Shawn

Can you please PM me the latest Esys and PSDzDATA.

You seem to be the man to go to ***128522; Thank you in advance. :-)
PM sent.

Old 06-28-2015, 05:54 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 535i M Sport
Hi, Everyone!

I finally received my 2015 535i after a 2-month wait and was a bit disappointed that my dealership refused to perform any coding citing NHTSA safety regulations for imported cars. I simply asked about altering the default turn signal from three blinks to five, and about being able to close the trunk with the fob, but I fail to see how that can affect safety?

Anyway, I'm so glad I came across this thread and was hoping somebody could provide me links to instructions/files/software/hardware, basically, everything I need, to code my F10 myself (without digging through 64 pages of posts).

Thank you, in advance! And I'm looking forward to being an actively contributing member of this great forum!

Chris
Old 06-28-2015, 05:55 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 535i M Sport
Hi, Everyone!

I finally received my 2015 535i after a 2-month wait and was a bit disappointed that my dealership refused to perform any coding citing NHTSA safety regulations for imported cars. I simply asked about altering the default turn signal from three blinks to five, and about being able to close the trunk with the fob, but I fail to see how that can affect safety?

Anyway, I'm so glad I came across this thread and was hoping somebody could provide me links to instructions/files/software/hardware, basically, everything I need, to code my F10 myself (without digging through 64 pages of posts).

Thank you, in advance! And I'm looking forward to being an actively contributing member of this great forum!

Chris
Old 06-28-2015, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMMBoy View Post
Hi, Everyone!

Chris
PM sent.

The Number of turn signal blinks in F10 cannot be coded.