BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

strange error code

516 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Mr._Graybeard 
#1 · (Edited)
I recently purchased a 95 540I. The car had a stumbling issue that was the fuel filter. this is where my issue's began. Driving the car home it ran very well. I turned the car off at my mailbox and then it would not start. I pushed the car into my driveway and found that the fuel pump is not turning on. After a lot of lurking on forums I found where the fuel pump relay and Main really are. In the Box on the passenger side of the cars there are relays 2 green and 1 white. The green relays are 4 pin and the white is a 5pin. The white one was bad so I replaced with another 5 pin had laying around. This is over the course of a few days. The battery went dead so I went to have it charged. Once I put the battery back in and went to start it the starter clicks like it's getting not getting enough power and there is an error message that says trans program. I am not sure what this means as I was not doing anything with the transmission when this failure happened. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated thank you for your time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.