BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

tpms

8K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  rama_e 
#1 ·
need to know how much it will cost me to get replacement tpms for my new rims i ordered mht llc black 20 inch. let me know what i need and how much it will cost please.

thnaks

#2 ·
tpms = tire pressure monitoring system?

#4 · (Edited)
The parts should cost about $40-50 per wheel from a discount dealer and you should be able to install yourself before you take the rims in for tire mounting. There is a dealership that offers 25% discount to e60 dot net forum members (check their parts subforum). There is a local dealership that offers 20% off for BMWCCA members where I live. Maybe some in SoCal too. 2 parts, sensor($35) and valve ($12) or so.

#5 ·
Here are the part numbers:

36-23-6-779-490 Module / List $44 each x4 = $176
36-11-1-095-374 Valve / List $12.40 each x4 = $49.60

You should be able to get 20% off at certain dealers.

Hope this helps.
Chet

#7 ·
Speaking of TPMS - is there any way to check the tire pressure from the on-board computer other than the green/red TPMS display? In the system setup, you can select PSI vs. other settings, but I can't seem to find anywhere I can see the tire pressure in PSI. If not, then why is the PSI selection even there? Is is me, or is the iDrive computer the most quirky thing you've every used?

#8 ·
Are you sure the TPMS is of the direct measuring type and not the indirect type? An easy way to see is if it has conventional style valve stems, it is of the indirect type and nothing extra is needed. If there are hex fittings at the bottom of the valve stem, then it is of the direct type and you need the actual part you're talking about.

Is this an extra set of rims or are you switching over to the new ones for good? If you're making a permanent switch, you can swap the direct tpms sensor to the new rims. Unfortunately, you won't be able to reuse the conventional valve stems, but they're cheap, $3 each or so. The easiest way would be to have a tire shop do the switch, there's no need to even remove the tire from the wheel, just break the bead and have someway to hold it down while you retrieve the tpms sensor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.