BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Still Suuplying cup holder inserts?

5K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  noka 
#1 ·
I thought I read here that new x3s were being supplied with the nifty cup holder inserts that are meant to hold change, etc., but just took delivery of mine yesterday and there were none. CA said he didn't think he had seen those in quite a while. Has anyone else gotten them recently?

#3 ·
Check the rear cargo area underneath the load tray. This is where mine where located inside of a clear plastic bag along with the foldable box tray.

If the cup holders are not there, consult with your Client Advisor and have him acquire them for you "gratis" from parts or another unit:dunno:

#4 ·
What cup holders/inserts are you guys talking about? Anyone have a pic?

#10 · (Edited)
In Canada with my 2013 model they are included. They are exactly like in the above photos. Metal with rubber bottoms.

Don't use them, but they're found in the trunk with individual clear plastic bags with the foldable box. Not really sure if this was part of an option package???

Let me know if you want a photo and I will post them here.

#11 ·
I took delivery in July of 2012 for my 2013 X3 and I got the inserts. They were in the cargo area where someone else mentioned, by the collapsible box. My mom took delivery of her 2013 X3 in December of 2012, and I do not remember seeing them there and I remember making a mental note of that. I am going to double check again though, but I guess that maybe they aren't coming with the car anymore. If it did have to do with a package, we got the same packages, with her getting a couple more than me, so she would have gotten them I would think.

#12 ·
Cup Holders

didn't get any with my 2013 either (and not w/the cargo net under the trunk floor) however, it does mention them in the owners manual as if standard -

Storage compartment in the front cupholder.

Use the inserts for the cupholder as an additional storage compartment. Place the inserts
into the cupholder and snap them in place. Only use the storage compartment for small objects such as keys.

#15 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.