BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

740Li individual Lease Deal Review

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Individual750LI 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I have been working on a deal for a 2012 740Li Individual, Citrin Black with Amaro Brown interior, pretty much fully loaded with exception of night vision, cold weather package, and luxury rear seating package.

How does this look to you guys:

MSRP: $106,745 incl. destination charge
Negotiated price: $99,210 ($1k over invoice, used bmwconfig.com for the build)
MF: .00190
Residual for 15k/yr 36 mo lease: 63% = 67,249.35
Dealer fee: $599
Acquisition fee: $925
Total up front: $3051 (inceptions, dealer fee, acquisition fee, tags, 1st mo payment)
Monthly $1276 including 6% FL tax

I also have a $1k Team USA event voucher that should bring this down to $1244/mo, and even lower if I put 7 MSDs***8230;

Could I have negotiated a better price for this car? Is $1k over invoice high or about the going negotiated price for this car?

As a side question, the BMW 7 Series Individual brochure on bmw.com international site mentions a fridge or cool box that can be installed in the rear seat middle backrest. Does anyone have this, and if you do, do you by chance now the dealer order code for this option? I am in Florida, USA and several dealers are not familiar or tell me this is not available.

Thanks for you opinions!

See less See more
#2 ·
I think there is a promo program per car back to the dealer. And this is a high value car, and the doc fee is high. I'd try and go $1,500-$2,000 below invoice this coming weekend - month's end.

But at the end of the day, if this is the car you want, $50 a month here or there shouldn't be an issue.

#4 ·
This is true... $50 is definitely not an issue but several $100's would be just from the "I could have done better perspective". It is the car I want, I just want to make sure I am not overpaying for it by any substantial amount.

I was thinking month end doesn't play the same for a car being ordered, since they won't get the sale counted until I take delivery, no? I'll definitely give it a shot, though.

Thanks!

#3 ·
As a side question, the BMW 7 Series Individual brochure on bmw.com international site mentions a fridge or cool box that can be installed in the rear seat middle backrest. Does anyone have this, and if you do, do you by chance now the dealer order code for this option? I am in Florida, USA and several dealers are not familiar or tell me this is not available.

Thanks for you opinions!
I was told the rear fridge is not available in the US when I ordered my car.

#8 ·
Thanks - appreciate it - this deal actually did not work out as it turns out all 2012 orders were no longer available so the 2013 was my only option, although the dealer gave me the quote prior to knowing if there were any allocations left.

As for 740Li vs 750Li - I test drove both cars back to back on city streets as well as a freeway, and my impression was that the 750Li had more grunt on the freeway (i.e., 60mph-90mph pickup for overtaking) whereas it had some noticeable lag from low RPM's, such as in traffic and around town. In contrast, the 740Li I-6 felt much more "revvy" from down low, and although you have to wind it up more to get the speed, felt much more responsive and was more fun to drive. It also felt lighter/more nimble for some reason - I know that the engine is 200lbs lighter and I would not expect to be able to really feel that difference, but that was my impression.

This is coming from someone whose every non-motorcycle BMW (1993 325i, 2001 325Ci, 2010 X6 35i) had one version or another of the beautiful BMW I-6 engine in it, so I may be somewhat biased here :)

I also ride bikes and have always preferred mid-size bikes to liter-bikes, always have preferred the requirement to rev the crap out of it to get it to go but be able to use more of the rev range vs. just point-and-shoot strategy required on liter-bikes. If you are not into bikes this probably makes no sense, but I felt similarly about 740Li vs 750Li.

Interestingly enough (and off-topic) I test drove both the V-6 Panamera and the V-8 Panamera S, and it was the opposite feeling for me - the V-6 felt slow and heavy and the Panamera S was a beast and way more fun to drive. Wow I fell in love with that car!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.