BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

E36 ftl

4K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  PhilipWOT 
#1 · (Edited)
So I am thinking about buying a clean (and I mean MF'in CLEAN) Alpine plastic bumper E30 coupe and doing a full drivetrain/diff/5-lug/brakes/suspension/vaders/DS1's swap from my M3 and then selling my M3 shell for whatever the hell I can get for it.
I love E30's. I have always loved E30's. I'm tired of all of the E36 BS. $hit interior quality, sunroof always breaks, door panels require annual rebuild etc..

I had a borrowed 1989 325i 5-spd with a LSD for 2 months before I found my M3, and I still lay in bed at night secretly missing that awesome car.

Plase talk me into or out of doing this.

-Philip

#11 ·
so i am thinking about buying a clean (and i mean mf'in clean) alpine plastic bumper e30 coupe and doing a full drivetrain/diff/5-lug/brakes/suspension/vaders/ds1's swap from my m3 and then selling my m3 shell for whatever the hell i can get for it.
I love e30's. I have always loved e30's. I'm tired of all of the e36 bs. $hit interior quality, sunroof always breaks, door panels require annual rebuild etc..

I had a borrowed 1989 325i 5-spd with a lsd for 2 months before i found my m3, and i still lay in bed at night secretly missing that awesome car.

Plase talk me into or out of doing this.

-philip
do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#16 · (Edited)
Hmmm maybe all of you guys would like to assist me in finding a clean short bumper Alpine White coupe shell? Preferably no motor/blown motor, no wheels, no brakes etc because this project will have to be on a budget.
50 bonus points for anyone who finds someone in need of an E36 M3 shell! :thumbup:

Edit: This is what I'm looking for-

AW short bumper IS - CLEAN body, and good paint
Black drip rails
Manual trans (I know it doesnt matter because I'm swapping the tranny, but I dont feel like doing the 3 pedal swap or trying to find a 5mt crossmember)
Manual sunroof - the coolest f*cking thing BMW ever put on a vehicle, ever
Preferably LSD - I'd like to leave the 3.15 on the M3 so I can get more for it
Good interior, seats dont matter because I can use the vaders if need be. I would eventually like to find E30 M3 seats, but that isnt urgent
No spoiler - I want to add an E30 M3 spoiler or a Hartge M3 rep spoiler

Thats about it, I dont give a sh*t about mileage as long as it's it good shape.

#18 ·
I have always been a lover of fine E30s. I am just considering coming back to the E30 owners club.
And actually, since the project that I am proposing will be about 1/2 E30 and 1/2 E36, I will probably start my own E33 owners club. It will consist of all of the M50 and M3 powered E30s and if there are any M10/M20 4-lug E36's with tiny brakes riding around on 14" wheels, they can join too I guess.

#22 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.