BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

BMW USA Website Tracking Question

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Wolfex 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone -

Two quick questions about the BMW USA site and tracking my X1 build.

First, the website shows all of the options I ordered on the car except for the power seat option that I ordered. I've checked with my dealer a few times and they assure me that power seats are in fact in the build - indeed my copy of the build sheet also shows the power seat options - but with all the weirdness with paddle shifters etc should I be concerned?

Next, my build was just completed and next step is shipping to the US - I've seen many threads of people tracking their car and knowing which ship it got on etc - can anyone provide a newbie with the steps to track the car and find out what ship its on after production has been completed?

Thanks!

#2 ·
Online information is never accurate. As long as you have the build sheet that has the correct information and your CA confirmed that info you are fine. My power seats don't show up on my order either. To get shipping info you need to ask your My power seats don't show up on my order either.

After you have a vin you can run it through a decoder and you will see the power seats shown.

#3 · (Edited)
tracking the X1 at Sea

I am watching our X1 going through the Pananma Canal this weekend. Hrad to belive we have another 2 maybe 3 weeks before we get our hands on it. Once the car is on a boat contact your Sales rep and they can tell you what ship it's on... you can then go to http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/ and track the ship. The sales rep knows what the ship name is and how long will take, have him forward the notification e-mail. The website will track it for you...just be aware that the system doesn't cover the whole ocean just populated sections...so there will be some dead space..

In this day and age you'd think they would give more accurate tracking information... from the start of the built to delivery..you know it's all tracked by the BMW computer system.

Definitly fun seeing cross the ocean... now to jet get it in the driveway!:thumbup:

#4 ·
Go to bmwvin.com to see what your car build is and the production date. If you google "how to track your BMW production" it should take you to a post on how to track it. It has the links to W&W so you can guess what ship your car will be on. Once it's on a ship though you CA should be able to confirm it. Then use the marine traffic link to track the ship when it's within range.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.