BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

How to remove climate control unit?

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  zandyah 
#1 ·
Is anyone knows how to remove climate control unit? Three buttons on my climate control have cracked. I'm thinking to replace the unit with the used one but need some guide (pictured guide would be better) on this matter before buy it from a car breaker. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
zandyah said:
Is anyone knows how to remove climate control unit? Three buttons on my climate control have cracked. I'm thinking to replace the unit with the used one but need some guide (pictured guide would be better) on this matter before buy it from a car breaker. Thanks in advance.
It simply snaps in and out! It is easier to push it out from behind if you can get your hand in there. Otherwise you may have to take out the MID display panel first and then push out the climate control unit.

To remove the MID display, pull out the black knob, there is a small nut just below it...turn it once anti-clockwise and pull the unit right out. You will need a small screwdriver to unscrew it first. :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.