BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2000 z3 interior lights

Z3 
3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  bbbs53 
#1 ·
Where can I purchase bulbs for the dome light and the trunk/boot light? I can't seem to find them anywhere

#3 ·
The dome light should be a 6411 and the trunk light should be a 6418. However, I really like the LED ones, such as these:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/festoon/3710-led-bulb-6-smd-led-festoon/661/

I'm fairly certain I used the same bulb in both places. It's directional, so you can point the dome light down a little so it doesn't shine in your eyes when you open a door, plus they use a lot less power so you don't have to worry about running down the battery with the trunk or door open.

There are lots of sellers of these, including ebay and amazon sellers.

#6 ·
I am going to second the led suggestion. I also put some LED's under the dash on both sides for floor lights. It is bright enough to read a map with just the dome light, they also last a lot longer, for me anyway. After these perhaps some nice high pressure headlights?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.