BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Loud clicking from heater?

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  jburke4689 
#1 · (Edited)
My wifes 08 335 is making a inconsistant clicking sound at certain higher fan settings. I couldn't make it do it but she said it does it all the time w her. She said its really loud. this am when she was leaving I was talking to her though the window and she turned up the heater fan..I could hear a clicking outside the car but it wasn't doing it inside like she hears...originally I said..it may be a leaf or something..she said it sounded more like plastic :confused:

Any thought? We don't like in town w a dealership,closest is 45minaway. There are some trustworthy mechanics but most don't like. Dealing w BMW or any foreign car ( i actually replaced the angel eyes for one of their customers at their dealership lol) they do work on them..they will do some depending on the job..they replaced my windshield wAsher motor.I can work w their tech after hours if needed..I don't have much desire to dig into the heating and air ...I am far from that savvy w a wrench.

So.any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

#2 ·
The heater fan is super easy to remove and inspect. You just remove the underdash trim on the passenger side, remove the electrical connector from the fan, push in the locking tab and twist the fan. Lower it as soon as it is free. Inspect the fan for broken, cracked or loose blades, the reach up inside the hole left by the fan and see if there is any debris in there. There shouldn't be as the air comes in through the microfilter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.