BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

If You Leased Your 335i Post Your Monthly Payments Here

103K views 469 replies 173 participants last post by  angler 
#1 ·
Include Mf--residual-down Payment

#141 ·
Guys,

I am thinking about leasing a 328I. I am new to the leasing environment, so I don't really know what to look for.

Can someone briefly explain what keeps the monthly payments down on a lease? Or possibly come up with a scenario. Thanks....
I'm not trying to be an azz but this post is about what you are asking. There is plenty in here that will help you understand a lease and countless senarios. Could you bee more specific in what you want to know?

#142 ·
335i Lease Problem

First off - damn! This site has an insane amount of information for consumers. I'm a noobie, so I apologize if this is a dumb question or rant.

I went to the BMW dealership here in Houston last week and drove the 335i coupe and instantly fell in love with it. I won't lie - I got my first job 2 years ago and have never had a nice car. This will be the first car I will have purchased so I got a little ahead of myself. After talking number with the dealer I put 1000 down for them to start building the car (Jet black, aluminum interior, w/sport package and paddle shift $43,670. It's so damn fine!).

We discussed leasing numbers and I walked away happy with the numbers...and seeing as I didn't sign the lease, I could in theory walk away if I got screwed (i know, dumb)

I have a choice of regular lease or owners choice (still can't figure out which one is better, though the oc is cheaper) for 3 yrs - 12k miles.

I did some research before I found this site and thought I was getting a good deal. Yesterday I found this site - and now I am freaked out!

This is what he faxed me yesterday and it seems like i'm getting reemed:

3 yr - 12k lease
Price: $43,670
Tax: $2729.38
Doc Fee and Govt Fee: $182
Down Payment: $3800

MF: 2.55
Residual: 60%
Monthly Payment: 682.16 for lease and 669.97 for owner's choice

After reading this site, I already figured that i'm getting f'd on the MF (shouldn't it be 2 base with a max of 2.4 with markup?). I also thought putting down money gets you a lower rate via the security deposit. How is this legit???

I'm really not looking to get an amazing deal, but after reading on this site it seems like a lot is real screwy with this deal. I don't care as much about the MSRP as I do about the terms of the lease...and I still can't figure out what I should be doing different.

What should I do to get the best lease deal on this car...I am not even looking to get a great price as nobody in Houston would budge on the MSRP. But the MF and monthly payments are starting to scare me now...Sorry for such a long post. It's just that after reading on this forum I am real scared.

Can anyone give me advice on how to tackle this with the salesman. If this lease is absurd or he's screwing me on basic numbers then I need to cancel this order ASAP. I'm even scared of the owner's choice b/c it's cheaper somehow than the lease.

Thanks for any help that can be provided.:tsk:

#144 ·
This is what he faxed me yesterday and it seems like i'm getting reemed:

3 yr - 12k lease
Price: $43,670
Tax: $2729.38
Doc Fee and Govt Fee: $182
Down Payment: $3800

MF: 2.55
Residual: 60%
Monthly Payment: 682.16 for lease and 669.97 for owner's choice

After reading this site, I already figured that i'm getting f'd on the MF (shouldn't it be 2 base with a max of 2.4 with markup?). I also thought putting down money gets you a lower rate via the security deposit. How is this legit???

I'm really not looking to get an amazing deal, but after reading on this site it seems like a lot is real screwy with this deal. I don't care as much about the MSRP as I do about the terms of the lease...and I still can't figure out what I should be doing different.

What should I do to get the best lease deal on this car...I am not even looking to get a great price as nobody in Houston would budge on the MSRP. But the MF and monthly payments are starting to scare me now...Sorry for such a long post. It's just that after reading on this forum I am real scared.

Can anyone give me advice on how to tackle this with the salesman. If this lease is absurd or he's screwing me on basic numbers then I need to cancel this order ASAP. I'm even scared of the owner's choice b/c it's cheaper somehow than the lease.

Thanks for any help that can be provided.:tsk:
How's your credit rating? I ask only b/c you say you're only 2 years post 1st job and never had a really nice car. Your FICO score may not be as high as you think, thus the crappy deal they're offering you. To BMW Financial Services, you are a much higher risk than many other and older ppl with higher credit ratings. If you don't know your credit score, then find out online. If it's decent, then shop around for a better deal or simply tell them that the deal they've offered you just isn't acceptable. If your credit isn't great, then either you do the deal as offered or you get a less expensive car. What about a certified pre-owned Bimmer? Many of us that drive these $40k, $50k+ cars have been working our tails off for many years and we've earned the right to drive nice cars. Just trying to put it all into perspective. Good luck! :)

#143 ·
335i Deal

Ok. So, it looks like I'll be putting in my order with a deposit Fri., 9/22 on an '07 335i Coupe...kind a loaded, but believe me it's all needed! :D Tell me what you think of the deal...:dunno:

335i Coupe - Sparkling Graphite/Black Leather/Alum. trim, Auto/Step, Prem., Sport., Paddle Shifters, Navi., Comfort Access, Active Cruise Control, & Sat Radio...all the cool stuff I currently have and use everyday in my Infiniti (and even missing a couple things that BMW doesn't offer, but oh well). MSRP = $51,990

$2,000 Discount off MSRP ($2,170 over Invoice) = $49,990 selling price
30-month lease/20k mi./yr. (yes, I do A LOT of driving for my career) :yikes:
MF = .00215 I think (no sec. deposit), Residual Value = 60.4%
$2,500 down (I tried the MSD thing, but it didn't lower the monthly payment enough), so oh well, $ down which I've never done before on any of my past car leases. Se La Vi.
Total Inception Costs = $4,485
$775/mo. including tax

Now, I will be watching the MF's over the next 2-3 months (assuming the MF's would either stay the same or go down a bit), and I will evaluate whether or not I can do even better when the car arrives at the dealer. So, I am not commiting to this deal now and my deposit is refundable. I will also be looking at the new '07 Infiniti G35 (and contrary to what some others here think about Infiniti and its reliability, I've had 2 of them now without any problems...I just change the oil and rotate tires every 5k mi....that's it; they may not handle as well as BMW, but they're great cars nonetheless). Hey, I have to at least test drive the Infiniti G35 so I can compare it to the 335i Coupe...it's only fair and this is how I do things to make informed and educated decisions. ;)

I was offered a similar deal by another dealer here as well. Don't forget...the '07 335i Sedan is coming too, and they out-sell the 3-Series Coupe like 4-1 or something. So, I'm guessing that BMW wants to move the Coupes as well. From what I've seen though, it seems that for the new '07 BMW 335i Coupe, this may be as good of a deal as I can get at this time. That may be different in Nov. or Dec. though. :dunno:

So, what do you think????

#149 · (Edited)
I have an ED lease on a 335i sedan.
Term - 24 months
US MSRP - 47800
My ED Price 42800
MF=.00231+.003 for ED = .00261
BMW picks up 2 payment in exchange for added ED MF.
7 security Deposits.
12k miles per year.

$606 per month.
When you do ED lease, do you calculate CAP Cost as invoice prices + invoice options+ dealer profit or just ED cost saving ED MSRP + Options

and
Does ED lease goes against dealers allocations or not <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

am I missing something
Thanks

#151 ·
ED Lease

The ED lease cap cost is calculated ED Invoice + Invoice Options +1250 in my case. This ended up being 5000 less than US MSRP, which the lease residual is based on. It is similar to puting the 5000 down at signing, only not actually putting the cash down. The lease starts 14 days before delivery in Munich, so we lose a couple months of driving from the lease while the car is on the boat, but we still get the same number of miles to drive. In my case the 2 & 3 year leases were exactly the same cost monthly, so I went with the 2 year.

The ED cars definetley DO NOT come from dealer allocation. This enables dealers to sell them closer to invoice than cars in their lot. It is EXTREMELY important to find a sales agent/dealer who has done several ED's before. There are many steps involved that are completely different from a regular sale.

#153 ·
perhaps we need a "worst lease" thread

A 2007 328 sedan. $45,320 cap cost, which includes zero discount from MSRP. 36 months, 10K/year. $719.44 per month, which includes MSD discounting and $2100 drive off payment cost. Note that this is the dealer's offer. I'm thinking carefully about it. Okay I'm done :)
I guess I'm going to have to pass on it.

#154 ·
Damn. do i got an update on my order,

I changed dealers - out of the blue a CA offered $580 over invoice on a 07' 335ci

2007 335ci:
Montego Blue (Metalic Paint)
Manual transmission
Sport package
Comfort Access
Black Leatherette w/ Alluminum Trim

M.S.R.P. $43,270.00

CA's price (orders only, only until tomorrow 9/26/2006)
$41,008.00 + tax,lic,doc.

Not sure if im leasing or buying, but lease would be market rate @ 3yr/15k miles 58% .0020

#156 ·
Need a good dealer to go to lease

Ok guys new to this board so I need some help. I live in Edgewater NJ and I am looking for either the coupe or sedan ( rather have the coupe ) with sports package, Premium package and navigation in Montego Blue. I have been reading this thread.

1. Advantages of ED?
2. Best MF and residual?
3. Looking to stay around 600-630 lease.

Thanks.:D

#157 ·
Ok guys new to this board so I need some help. I live in Edgewater NJ and I am looking for either the coupe or sedan ( rather have the coupe ) with sports package, Premium package and navigation in Montego Blue. I have been reading this thread.

1. Advantages of ED?
2. Best MF and residual?
3. Looking to stay around 600-630 lease.

Thanks.:D
Welcome aboard!

You will find all the answers to your questions by doing a search with keywords in the forum. It will help you out for hours and hours.

#158 ·
great lease deal

I have a 335i coupe with space metallic gray, coral red leather, zsp,zpp, and heated seats. I signed a check for 2600 and payments are 715. That includes 36 months, 15k per year and the wheel/tire protection package. i think i did ok. any thoughts would be appreciated.

#160 ·
I have a 335i coupe with space metallic gray, coral red leather, zsp,zpp, and heated seats. I signed a check for 2600 and payments are 715. That includes 36 months, 15k per year and the wheel/tire protection package. i think i did ok. any thoughts would be appreciated.
Not enough information. Provide the MSRP, Capt Cost, Residual, MF, and I can tell you if the deal came out right.

#164 ·
ED Lease

The savings is roughly $100/month by doing ED. You don't necessarily lose the two months while its coming over the atlantic, you still have the miles to drive available. The only way to save money is if you have frequent flyer miles you can fly for free with, which I am doing. You also need to able to get away from work a few days and be able to wait a few months to get your car. Not a problem for me.

Most people do ED for the awesome experience, with the savings paying for the trip.

#166 ·
2 months

You could negotiate the dealer letting you keep your old car two months, but I am pretty sure the deal will benefit the dealer more than you. The best way to handle this is to sell your car privaately when you get the new one. Of course you can't use it as a down payment then, but you will get more selling privately anyway.

#167 ·
I am going to sell my car privately. The dealer said BMW FS when they get my application to lease the new car will aprove me only if I sell/trade in current vehicle. Is he giving me some sort of BS or is that true. He even went into lengths to show me the FS screen on the computer were another customer of his was approved under the same condition. He told me I would have to be making serious dough to keep both cars at the same time.

Seriously Confused!

#169 ·
amberlove

I had no problem leasing the new one while keeping my old car. I had excellent credit though. The dealer may be telling you the truth on your individual situation. They do take into acount how much you make, especially if you are still making payments on the old car. Can you get a co-signer?

#170 ·
I had no problem leasing the new one while keeping my old car. I had excellent credit though. The dealer may be telling you the truth on your individual situation. They do take into acount how much you make, especially if you are still making payments on the old car. Can you get a co-signer?
I haven't even sent in my application for for approval, don't you do that two weeks before you pick up your car for ED? I want to order the 335i Coupe within the next couple weeks. So I think he was just assuming what the BMWFS would say to me. My situation I just graduated college last December and my salary is about $70,000 a year. My credit is good (not great) but I was approved for my last bmw (with my own bank) brand new without any problems. Should I do a pre-approval for the car now to make sure I know what BMWFS will say?

#171 ·
I haven't even sent in my application for for approval, don't you do that two weeks before you pick up your car for ED? I want to order the 335i Coupe within the next couple weeks. So I think he was just assuming what the BMWFS would say to me. My situation I just graduated college last December and my salary is about $70,000 a year. My credit is good (not great) but I was approved for my last bmw (with my own bank) brand new without any problems. Should I do a pre-approval for the car now to make sure I know what BMWFS will say?
Do you own the 325 now or do you still owe money on it ?

Your going to take a big depreciation hit on it and hopefully you have enough equity in the car that you won't be upside down on your loan.

#176 ·
I just ordered 335 coupe- My first lease deal! Montego blue, Sport package and XM radio.
I got 1500 off of the MSRP of 43,365.

MF with MSD .00151, 625 bank fee, 36 month +15K per year
DMV,deposits, and 1st payment down only.
Payment with California 7.25% tax- 628 per month

Thanks for all the great info! Made making the deal easy when you know all the numbers!

#178 ·
Just ordered my 335i for January ED:
335i coupe
6MT
Space gray metallic
Coral red interior
Gray poplar
Premium
Sport
Comfort Access

LEASE
3 year/12k mile per year
Cap Cost = 40,500
Total Adjusted Cap = 41,325
8 MSD's for .00181 money factor
Total Monthly Payment = $549.00

No down payment, just the drive off.
Not a bad deal at all.
:)

#180 ·
Is This Realistic?

I'd like to order a 2007 335i Sedan, MSRP is $45,410, invoice is at least $41,860 (I used MSRP for about $1,000 worth of options). I'll be leasing for 36 months, would like to include tax and registration in the financing and don't want to put out more than $2,000 at signing - would be best if this included first payment. Since I will be ordering the car and it's the new model, I'm not sure how willing negotiate any dealers will be for this car. I've compiled a list of dealers that I will be contacting wiht my offer, but I wouant to put out a viable offer and not waste my time.

Right now I am focused on contacting dealers on the West coast and am starting with California and Nevada and will widen my search to surounding states as neccessary.

I figure MF at .00285 (.00270 + .00015)
Residual 61%
36 mo
MSRP $45,410
Sales Tax 7.375
Target Due at Signing $2,000
Target Payment Under $600

Is this realistic?

Bret

rangerbret@sbcglobal.net

#181 ·
my quoted price

I'm looking to lease an ED 335i fully loaded with every single option available. I negotiated $48,500 with the dealer including destination charges plus the following

24 month term
15k miles
.0027 Money Factor
Taxes $2400
Security Deposit: $700
Acquisition: $825
Training: $180
Advertising: $250
$660 Monthly payment
Total out the door: $4,355

I have not finalized this deal as yet but this is what I've been quoted. I initially negotiated a $1200 profit for the dealer only to be toldlater that the price did not include advertising and training fees. Is this common or am I being taken for a ride? This will result in $1,630 dealer profit as opposed to the $1200 we had agreed to. Also How am I doing on the acquisition fees? If understand that $625 is the norm and that anything above taht is dealer markup. If this is true then they are making even more profit off me. Plus I understand the captive money factor rate is .0020 for a 24 month term with 15k miles. I know that for ED they add.0003 to the rate. But if I were getting the lowest rate that would mean the rate should be .0023 not .0027. I am considering putting down multiple seciurity deposits to lower the MF. However, does anyone nkow for sure how much this will lower the MF? How much does eacg additional deposit lower the MF? Any advice or comments on my situation would be greatly appreciated.

#185 ·
I'm looking to lease an ED 335i fully loaded with every single option available. I negotiated $48,500 with the dealer including destination charges plus the following

24 month term
15k miles
.0027 Money Factor
Taxes $2400
Security Deposit: $700
Acquisition: $825
Training: $180
Advertising: $250
$660 Monthly payment
Total out the door: $4,355

I have not finalized this deal as yet but this is what I've been quoted. I initially negotiated a $1200 profit for the dealer only to be toldlater that the price did not include advertising and training fees. Is this common or am I being taken for a ride? This will result in $1,630 dealer profit as opposed to the $1200 we had agreed to. Also How am I doing on the acquisition fees? If understand that $625 is the norm and that anything above taht is dealer markup. If this is true then they are making even more profit off me. Plus I understand the captive money factor rate is .0020 for a 24 month term with 15k miles. I know that for ED they add.0003 to the rate. But if I were getting the lowest rate that would mean the rate should be .0023 not .0027. I am considering putting down multiple seciurity deposits to lower the MF. However, does anyone nkow for sure how much this will lower the MF? How much does eacg additional deposit lower the MF? Any advice or comments on my situation would be greatly appreciated.
ouch...for a the price of the car you did okay. but he maxed out the MF, the acquisition fee, and threw in some BS training fee and MACO to boot! call him on it and if he doesnt budge find a new dealer.

as for MSD if you put the max 7 (8 total fif you include the first months payment) down, you save clsoe to a 1000 bucks but the 24month lease. not a bad returnon your money!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.