BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

If You Leased Your 335i Post Your Monthly Payments Here

103K views 469 replies 173 participants last post by  angler 
#1 ·
Include Mf--residual-down Payment

#183 · (Edited)
I initially negotiated a $1200 profit for the dealer only to be toldlater that the price did not include advertising and training fees
There is NO MACO fee or Training fee on ED cars.

Dealer can add max of .0004 to MF so it looks like they did the max ( .002 + .0003 + .0004 = .0027 )

You can do 7 x MSD's ( 7 x 0.00007 = 0.00049 )

Take a look at the lease calculators in the Ask-A-Dealer section here:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60089

#188 ·
Anyone have the lease numbers for 335i coupe..I am assuming there are new numbers for october. I would appreciate a response asap. I should be picking up my car tomorrow or wed. And I want to make sure that if there are newer number to my favor that I get them...ie: residual and MF..

Thanks in advance.

#192 ·
I am new here and could use some quick help guys. I have negotiated the price on a 335i Coupe.

It is Space Gray/Red Interior
6 speed Manual
Premium Pack
Sport Pack
Heated Seats

The car I am buying is exactly like this car on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-...oryZ6007QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The MSRP is $45720, and I have a negotiated price of $43,450 for a discount of $2270, which is about the best I have heard of. The car does have about 125 miles on it, but that is nothing iin my opinion.

MSRP: $45720
My Price: $43450 ($2270 off)
Money Rate: 00.235 (00.215 is thier cost with $0 down)
No money down
Aq. Fee: $725 (the salesman thinks)
36mo/12K miles: $658 per mo.

I can afford to pay additional security deposits if needed, but I am not sure how much money this actually saves me. Can anyone ball park it for me?

I know my price discount is good, but what about the money rate?

Anything else I should be looking at?

Should I make the dealer reduce the money rate to his cost?

#193 ·
I am picking up my car tomorrow and I want to make sure I get the best rate...

Did the MF and Residuals change for october????
Someone please get back to me asap....

I am paying 60% residual 36/12 with .0020MF please get back to me and let me know if the residual got better...

Thank you

#197 ·
What's up everyone, this is my first post here and need some input on an offer made by my dealer today. I read through the 8 pages of this thread and here is what my dealer gave me.

On order now with no money down

'07 335i Jetblack/black/gray wood trim $40,600
premium $2,450
sport $1,000
steptronic $1,275
paddle shifters $100
navigation $2,100

quoted MSRP $48,220

Money Factor.....was quoted 5.25%...i don't know how that translates to the .0020 everyone talks about
Residual at about 58%
Total due at signing $2000

With all this in mind he came up with $814 per month, which in my opinion is outrageously high. He's giving me time to consider so i can call him anytime and negotiate terms. What do you guys think is a reasonable offer? Thanks and great info here!

#200 ·
What's up everyone, this is my first post here and need some input on an offer made by my dealer today. I read through the 8 pages of this thread and here is what my dealer gave me.

On order now with no money down

'07 335i Jetblack/black/gray wood trim $40,600
premium $2,450
sport $1,000
steptronic $1,275
paddle shifters $100
navigation $2,100

quoted MSRP $48,220

Money Factor.....was quoted 5.25%...i don't know how that translates to the .0020 everyone talks about
Residual at about 58%
Total due at signing $2000

With all this in mind he came up with $814 per month, which in my opinion is outrageously high. He's giving me time to consider so i can call him anytime and negotiate terms. What do you guys think is a reasonable offer? Thanks and great info here!
You shouldn't be paying MSRP. Remember, always negotitate the price of the car first before letting the dealer know you are leasing. Once you get him to a comfortable price off MSRP, than you can calculate your payment with the MF and Residuals posted on this site.

You hvae the right idea with zero money down, but $800/month for a 3 series is crazy.

#201 · (Edited)
Sure is outrageous! I'm paying only $721 a month for my fabulous 2005 545i and that's with the tax included ($674 before tax) with no money down!:dunno:

#199 ·
ordering?

I apologize in advance if this question is asked a lot around here, I did a quick search and didn't find anything.....

This will be my first time ordering a car. When does the dealership get "credit" for the sale? Meaning, are dealers more willing to negotiate at the end of the month/year when you place an order? Or does it not matter to them because they don't truly sell the car until it arrives and you take delivery? I'm just trying to decide when to buy and didn't know if really made much of a difference on ordered cars. :dunno:

#202 ·
MSRP $48220.

dont know neg price..but for 30 month lease.. 10k miles a year. with an msrp of 48220 im paying 648 including NY tax with 2000 due at signing. (sec dep waived). The 2000 due at signing includes first payment, bank fee, documentation fees, 2 year registration and plates, inspection and a the rest is cap cost red. to reduce the payment. I made the due at signing a nice round figure i was comfortable with. Anyone else want that deal and lives in the tri-state area i will send you to my dealer

#205 ·
Alright my dealer called me today and i told him i'd be willing to settle for 1500 over invoice but i guess demand is too high here in the bay area and he turned it down. Can i ask what others are paying in the Bay Area? I'm probably gonna shop around elsewhere and see if i can get something better. Thanks to all that replied to me.

#211 ·
i was at the dealership the other day checking the plans for a 335 coupe lease and he told me somthing about OWNERS CHOICE plan and it was 1,030 with no money down for 3 years and 15k miles and if you wanted to,at 2 years,u could trade in your car for a new one of any series....does anyone know something about this OWNERs CHOICE plan?

#216 ·
I'd suggest you go to BMWUSA.com. I think it's like a lease to own finance program or something. I believe it's like for ppl who seriously consider buying their car end the end of the lease term rather than just turning it in or buying the car car at the end of a regular closed-end lease. But, I could be wrong, so just check on the BMW Web site for the details.

#217 ·
what percentage of the car are people going to pay in total at the end of the lease? like if a car cost 50,000 and its a 3 year lease,the total you paid in the 3 years is like 25,000 or more? what percentage of the car are you suppose to pay at the end of the 3 year lease?

#218 ·
Are you talking about purchasing after your lease is over? That is the little thing called residual value you calculated when you leased a car. Depends on how many miles your going to drive 10, 12, 15k? Say if residual is 50% for a 3 year lease at X miles a year. You will have to PAY $25000 at the end of your lease term to buy the car. If you want to just give back the car your cost will be any miles you went over, damage, changes (like runflats to non), acq. etc etc.

#220 ·
You pay the depreciation of the car for the duration of the lease. The number you are looking for is Residual Value.

It depends on the model and how many miles you expect to drive for the lease.

For instance, for a 335i Coupe and a 36m x 15k lease the residual value is 58%. So you pay 42% for the depreciation.

On top of that you pay interest and taxes.

Do a search, download a lease calculator and you will find out exactly what you are charged.

#226 ·
poor credit

Keep in mind that my credit is shat...

$8,610 down - includes deposit, CA taxes, dmv, everything ($7K down plus others)

$49,545 MSRP
- premium, sport, shifters, auto
- titanium silver metallic, black dakota leather, dark burl walnut
- parking distance control
- nav

Paid $48,245 - Edmunds said invoice was $47,600

Think my payments are about $592

#227 ·
Keep in mind that my credit is shat...

$8,610 down - includes deposit, CA taxes, dmv, everything ($7K down plus others)

$49,545 MSRP
- premium, sport, shifters, auto
- titanium silver metallic, black dakota leather, dark burl walnut
- parking distance control
- nav

Paid $48,245 - Edmunds said invoice was $47,600

Think my payments are about $592
dam your gettting robbed!!

#228 ·
i thought generl consensus was don't put money down on a lease. besides the fact that if the car gets totalled, that money is lost.. i think the return (ie., the money saved by putting that money in ) is somewhere from 6-8%. while not bad, you could probably get better returns putting the money in more aggressive investments (and still have access to the money).

i think a 3 year CD gives better than 7%, no?

just curious what led you to put the 7k down for the lease.

#229 · (Edited)
are leasing payments based off of MSRP?

doesn't that mean that leasing the car rather than buying won't give you any discounts from MSRP? Someone please help clarify (that doesn't sound right!). Thanks.

btw here's what I'm getting:

2007 335i
black saphire metallic
coral red leather
MT, sports, heated seats, comfort access

.0020 MF, 42,795 negotiated (1180 over invoice), 45,220 MSRP
~2600 down which includes first month, security deposit ($700), tax title etc. the usual. $0 down
36 month/15k year, i don't recall the residual (around 58%? i think)

I was quoted $644 a month, which seems a bit high after reading everyone else's posts.

again, does a negotiated price (discount) even matter when leasing ?? then wouldn't it make more sense to finance than lease (unless you can't get less than msrp)?

#230 ·
are leasing payments based off of MSRP?

doesn't that mean that leasing the car rather than buying won't give you any discounts from MSRP? Someone please help clarify (that doesn't sound right!). Thanks.

btw here's what I'm getting:

2007 335i
black saphire metallic
coral red leather
MT, sports, heated seats, comfort access

.0020 MF, 42,795 negotiated (1180 over invoice), 45,220 MSRP
~2600 down which includes first month, security deposit ($700), tax title etc. the usual. $0 down
36 month/15k year, i don't recall the residual (around 58%? i think)

I was quoted $644 a month, which seems a bit high after reading everyone else's posts.

again, does a negotiated price (discount) even matter when leasing ?? then wouldn't it make more sense to finance than lease (unless you can't get less than msrp)?
Leasing is based on cap cost, which is your negotiated price. So it does matter a lot.

I think you got a fair deal, 1180 over invoice and 0.002 MF is very good. You might consider doing the MSD to get the MF down

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.