BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

M6 ED questions.

4K views 27 replies 8 participants last post by  ///Maniac 
#1 ·
Hi all I have a 325i (pretty much fully loaded) but my dad is looking to upgrade from his 01 CLK 320 to a real mans car, M6 coupe or M6 vert. We've decided we want to do ED so him and I can go pick up the car and then meet the rest of our family in a country to be decided later but in Europe. The problem is we cant find an ED price for the M6 coupe, since the vert wont be out till September. If someone could point me in the direction of prices for each I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Doug.

#6 ·
325 Baller said:
does anyone know the price for the new m6 vert?
If it's been set, the people at BMW know it, but they're not telling yet:

BMW Press Release

The new BMW M6 Convertible makes its world debut at the British International Motor Show.

BMW's fastest ever convertible, powered by the International Engine of the Year 2006.

BMW's fastest ever soft-top, the BMW M6 Convertible, will make its debut at the British International Motor Show (July 18 - 30). Powered by the award-winning 5.0-litre V10 engine and using a host of F1-derived technology, the BMW M6 Convertible combines all the performance of the M6 Coupé but with the added luxury of open-air motoring.

. . .
. . . [Blah, blah, blah, hype, hyperbole, typical PR crapolla that anyone who reads the car mag rags will already know. And, did they mention -- the fastest ever BMW convertible?] . . .

. . .

Prices for the M6 Convertible and full specification details will be announced nearer the launch date.
My educated guess is around $105,200.

There is a benchmark. The 2006 650i coupe base MSRP is $71,800. The M6 coupe MSRP is $96,100. The 2006 650i convertible base MSRP is $78,800. Cobradav recently posted BMW's plans to raise the base price, but add some options for the 2007, to $80,900.

#11 ·
MSRP Will Be...

About 10 Grand higher than the coupe but you have to consider options.

A fully loaded [All options] e63 ///M6 Coupe will cost you 115K. This would mean no up-tick from the dealer straight pricing. The MSRP with standard builds come in at around 96K.

So with that said and if you believe you are the lucky few who will get the first allocation, some 500-600 units...A fully loaded [All options] e64 ///M6 Cabrio will cost you 125K.

Remember, BMW's track record for deploying Cabrios is in the fall, which would mean they are not selling some 1200-2000 units in three months time.

#13 ·
Add it Up, 325 Baller - Reality Bites

GMAN said:
About 10 Grand higher than the coupe but you have to consider options.

A fully loaded [All options] e63 ///M6 Coupe will cost you 115K. This would mean no up-tick from the dealer straight pricing. The MSRP with standard builds come in at around 96K.

So with that said and if you believe you are the lucky few who will get the first allocation, some 500-600 units...A fully loaded [All options] e64 ///M6 Cabrio will cost you 125K.
325 Baller said:
how is there 20k worth of options?
Still having trouble with our addition, are we, my young friend?

MSRP - $105,200 (est.)
Gas Guzzler - $4,000 (est.; I bet you forgot about that one!)
Comfort access - $1,000 (M6 coupe)
HUD - $1,000 (M6 coupe)
HD Radio - $1,000 (M6 coupe)
Sat. Radio - $595 (M6 coupe)
HD Radio - $500 (M6 coupe)

Here comes the killer

Sales tax - $9,200 (est. - varies by state, this is for CA; reality bites, doesn't it?)

Registration/license - $1,200 (est. - varies by state; this is for CA)

How much is that again to drive it out the door?

$123,695

#15 ·
thank you bruce i dont know if you were helping me out but gas guzzler and ST arent options, so $4,095. Sales tax where i am is 6.5%, i believe, so that would be $7098, with a grand total of 116298, before gas guzzler and destination charge. gas guzzler (as listed on edmunds) is $3000 and destination is $695. making the total 119~~~. Thats not mentioning that my dad is not getting all the options, he thinks CA and HUD and HD radio are BS. O btw u added HD radio twice. so the total edmunds gives for the coupe is 103890 after destination and gas guzzler. Then we figured the MSRP would be 105000 for the coupe so that would be 9k more then the coupe totaling 112890.

I have no clue what i just said that was sort of a long ramble.

#16 · (Edited)
325 Baller said:
thank you bruce i dont know if you were helping me out but gas guzzler and ST arent options, so $4,095. Sales tax where i am is 6.5%, i believe, so that would be $7098, with a grand total of 116298, before gas guzzler and destination charge. gas guzzler (as listed on edmunds) is $3000 and destination is $695. making the total 119~~~. Thats not mentioning that my dad is not getting all the options, he thinks CA and HUD and HD radio are BS. O btw u added HD radio twice. so the total edmunds gives for the coupe is 103890 after destination and gas guzzler. Then we figured the MSRP would be 105000 for the coupe so that would be 9k more then the coupe totaling 112890.

I have no clue what i just said that was sort of a long ramble.
Check your addition.

A fully loaded, fully optioned M6 cnovertible, out the door (which means you have to pay for taxes, registration and gas guzzler) is going to be close to $125K. I don't think anyone was contending the options were $20K, although 325 Baller assumed so.

gbelton said:
...A fully loaded [All options] e64 ///M6 Cabrio will cost you 125K.
As for the gas guzzler tax, that's for the 2006 M6 coupe. Does the convertible weigh more? :dunno: Does that affect MPG?

#19 ·
im not sure if you are being sarcastic, but we just spoke about it now and my father told me he doesnt want to purchase his next car. He currently owns his car now (clk 320) and got hit about 3 years ago and hes had problems ever since, so he fears owning another car. That and in 5 years he plans on getting him self a 911.

#20 ·
325 Baller said:
im not sure if you are being sarcastic, but we just spoke about it now and my father told me he doesnt want to purchase his next car. He currently owns his car now (clk 320) and got hit about 3 years ago and hes had problems ever since, so he fears owning another car. That and in 5 years he plans on getting him self a 911.
So . . . is he getting (leasing) an M6 cabriolet, or has this all been simply an exercise of the electrons?

If he's considering a 911 -- in 5 years -- I wouldn't think he'd be getting an M6 first. :bs:

What am I missing?

325 Baller said:
. . . my dad is looking to upgrade from his 01 CLK 320 to a real mans car, M6 coupe or M6 vert. We've decided we want to do ED so him [sic: he] and I can go pick up the car and then meet the rest of our family.
:jack:

#25 · (Edited)
Tim Kay said:
Currently I am being quoted from a So Cal dealer a 15K premium over MSRP. Anyone know any dealers that are willing to do better?
:yikes: I was told by a friend of mine in the Bay Area that her customer went to a north bay BMW dealer and he commited to $20k over on an M6 convertible. I was like - damn, we're just charging MSRP! :yikes: And we have two available slots, too.:eeps:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.