BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

First post in a while.... bad news unfortunately

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  a_ban 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

i've been busy lately so it's been a while since i posted something (although i've been lurking around from time to time).

unfortunately it's bad news... my 735i e65 has the famous coolant pipe issue :(
a few days ago i got the 'low coolant' warning. although the first thing that popped up in my mind was the coolant pipe issue, i was hoping it was something less serious. anyway, i planned on taking it to my mechanic the next day but before i got to that there also was a weird burning smell and the 'high engine temperature' warning popped up. at that point i pretty much knew it was serious and had the car taken to my mechanic.

my mechanic checked it out and called me today to let me know that it's indeed the coolant pipe issue. to fix it, he says it's gonna cost me about 1200 euro (1598.76 dollar according to google currency converter). what do you guys think? is that a reasonable price? i'm unfortunately not that handy when it comes to the more serious mechanic stuff so fixing it myself is not an option (besided, keep in mind that parts are sadly a bit more expensive over here compared to the states).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.