BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Dilemma: 645ci cash or finance m6

2K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  knox6er 
#1 ·
Just don't know.... If I buy a 645ci outright theres no worry about payments and i might get an extended warranty. If I finance the m6 lower miles, cpo and more power. Any input?

#2 ·
Really a personal choice.. Factor in maintenance cost, monthly cost of ownership and see which one you feel more comfortable in.. My personal opinion if you can comfortably afford a m6 then why the hell not lol..

#4 ·
In both of my last 2 cars I built a spreadsheet and estimated the actual cost of 3 years - payments, maintenance, gas (the 645 and 650 get slightly different gas mileage) and, in the case of the purchase, the residual value. Just do the math and then decide from there.

#7 ·
The M6 is a wonderful beast, but be prepared for poor gas mileage and tyre wear. I changed-out 2 complete sets of tyres (Michelin Pilot SS) in less than 27000 wonderful miles on my M6 convertible.

#9 ·
I wonder if Leslies Msport 750 can peel out at the light? lol

#11 ·
Believe it or not, off the line I think the MSport hangs in there with the M6...no contest though after the M6 is in second gear.

Tyre wear is crazy fast in the M6, at least with the Pilots...they wear quickly even when you don't do burn-outs off the line.

#10 ·
Definitely decisions YOU will need to weigh. Take consideration of insurance costs, maintenance, and overall increase in costs for anything "M" stamped on it.

I once had a Dinan 5 series 540i and longed for the M5 for many years. I finally sold the 5er and bought the M5. The insurance was significantly more and the overall cost of the car was double that. While I LOVED the M5, I am not sure financially it was worth it in the end. This is hard for guys to swallow sometimes (myself included), I suppose it's being responsible.

I'd love an M6 now, but with my current car, I am able to have 3 other cars for playing around too. :) So it's a trade off. :) Good luck.

#13 ·
Thanks for the input guys... Decide to meet in the middle and get an 06-08 650i.
With an M6 my insurance wouldn't be pretty and I like big wheels so tires is an issue right there.
I did a carfax on the 645ci I was looking into and seen that in a whole year that car hasn't been driven even 1500 miles. red flag for me.

Just waiting on the right color combo now. white/black black/brown or any red interior.

#14 ·
Thanks for the input guys... Decide to meet in the middle and get an 06-08 650i.
With an M6 my insurance wouldn't be pretty and I like big wheels so tires is an issue right there.
I did a carfax on the 645ci I was looking into and seen that in a whole year that car hasn't been driven even 1500 miles. red flag for me.

Just waiting on the right color combo now. white/black black/brown or any red interior.
Red interiors are the best and 22's look great and not overdone on these big cars, my wheel site will be live by the time you find your car, and I'll definately take care of you;)

Good luck finding the right one

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp

#17 ·
i put on average about 4000 a yr from summer driving and most of that is long trips.. 1500 isnt a red flag at all you should actually check it out.

#18 ·
The car had 5 owners and was titled at 78,500 then again at 80,000. All within a year. Now he has it listed at 22k with 82,000 miles. I haggled him down to 20k and might I mention the car has 22" forgiatos and a strut grill kit. Even though i would love to jump on it Seems too good to be true to me, I'd rather stick to a credible dealerships and get a nice warranty. here are pics for anyone interested...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.