BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Nav Issue

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  redhot47fla 
#1 ·
I've searched through the various thread s for this issue w/no luck.

When in guidance on the nav system how can I display next couple of directions. For example, the map shows location & direction and the dashboard (center between speedometer & teach) shows the next turn/exit etc. But I'd like to know the next two or three turns/exits like I can do on my Garmin. There must be a way to display this.

Any help/guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Dan C.

#3 ·
I think the OP is asking how one might access a "list view." That is, a written list of the roads and turns that are coming up along the chosen route.

This is a common feature on most navigation systems, but I also have not been able to find it in the BMW navi menu - or any other menu.

#5 · (Edited)
Push the iDrive controller to the left 2 times from the main Nav view, and select "Route Information". This will show the rest of the route and mileage for each segment. I don't think it shows the turn direction, but it will show you the route. I believe you can select a route segment and change it as well, but I have not done that.

#10 ·
By god, you're right. I spent five days on the road this month not finding that menu option, but there it is. Thanks!

#6 ·
I just press the "NAV" hard button, scroll to bottom, and select "Route Information".

It's awkward but I've come to accept it.

#7 ·
I use one of my programmable memory buttons to bring up the turn by turn directions easily and quickly as I find them more helpful that relying on the map at times. I also use it to review a new route to get a specific idea of where it is taking me, among other things. Just looking at the map overview sometimes just isn't enough AFAIC.

Position your iDrive controller on the instruction/screen you want, press and hold your selected memory button.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.