BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

The official E9x OT thread!

2M views 4K replies 138 participants last post by  i🫶myN54 
#1 ·
Many of you have asked for it... so here it is.

While this is OT, all of the rules still apply. Keep in mind that personal attacks an NSFW material will get posters in hot water.

Enjoy.

- Mike

#8 ·
Is this an off-topic 3 series discussion?

How does this differ from the rest of the board?
All threads in this forum are "supposed" to be centered around the E9x - off topic content is generally moved to the dedicated OT forums (OT/PolySci) by the mods. Members of this forum have asked for a dedicated thread, just for OT content, allowing our "E9x community" to join the conversation without having to leave the comfort of our neighborhood... I mean, this forum.

The members asked for it, we listened. (The E36 forum has the same type of thread, running with much success.)

If it works, I will stick it. If it fails, it gets closed.

- Mike

#6 ·
Emission, what's your take on the SLS? Seen a few running around so people must really like em.
Drive well? Styling is pretty sweet inside and out

#10 ·
I had one for a full week in February. While the styling isn't exactly spectacular in my eyes, the engine (and exhaust note) changes the game. Nothing like a tuned 563 horsepower 6.2-liter V8 (MB calls it a 6.3-liter, but it is really 6208 cc). Step on the gas and it hunkers down and scooooots! It handles well too. Yes, it is a lot of fun to drive.

Of course, it gets TONS of looks and compliments. My son really enjoyed when we would pull into a strip mall/shopping center and open the gullwing doors in unison. :thumbup: Of all the cars I have had over the years, the SLS captured the most attention - I spent more than an hour in a grocery store parking lot allowing people to sit in it and take pictures one afternoon.

I have a story about it coming up in Autoblog in a week or so.

(I took the pic in front of my house.)

- Mike

Attachments

#19 · (Edited)
Many of you have asked for it... so here it is.

While this is OT, all of the rules still apply. Keep in mind that personal attacks an NSFW material will get posters in hot water.

Enjoy.
Now look big E, how's a guy to follow sub-plots?

I mean, a single thread quickly fragments.....chilled tootsies....moderator eruptions....animal husbandry....legal advice....dealer recommendations....Audis....

Should there be an index? :jack:

#22 ·
#21 ·
Mike - Thanks for doing this. It will be interesting to see how it unravels. Question: If someone posts a new thread, for example: "Comparing the two POS rental cars I had this weekend", will the mod's be able to merge that thread into this one?

#23 · (Edited)
Good question... that may muddy the water, as it will likely drop random posts into their sequential time slots (I think) confusing all. I really don't know. :dunno:

- Mike

#28 ·
Emission,

When the E93 335i eventually passes away, (y'all saw what I did there right?) a potential candidate is the CTS-V Coupe. Have you driven it yet or the Coupe 3.6DI? If you did, please post the link.

#36 ·
I drove the CTS-V Wagon (and Coupe, but it isn't in the story) at Laguna Seca in November:

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/11/22/first-drive-2011-cadillac-cts-v-wagon/

If you can get past the interior (GM-ish), the mechanicals and underpinnings are superb. It is a great driver's car, in either transmission (I prefer the 6MT). Collectors... go grab a 6MT Wagon (very limited and rare).

- Mike

#29 ·
I didn't. Ask so I disbelieve. In mother Russia Furballs posts off topic you!

Sent from my DROID2 using Bimmer App

#30 ·
Furball, How did the job interview go?
Is that why you are posting in backward speak?

#65 ·
I agree, I want one every time I see one...right up until I sit in one. What an ergonomic mess. the steering wheel to hand to gear lever is a mess it is actually painful.

Back to the CTS-V, I am amused by Cadillac pricing scheme - 180 from the germans. 6AT is standard, 6MT is an option. the sedan base price is more than the coupe.

At least at the dealership we went to, they told us their main customer base for the 2nd gen CTS is BM owners. Another bimmer couple were working a deal on a sedan, black over cashmere (creme) just like their current BM.

#55 ·
I meant the red berets that worked with the 'teams' in Boeblingen. ;)
Ah ok, yeah they are still around. Are you retired now?

#67 ·
Need to revert to English in here, macht schnell! Babelfish in overload.

#73 · (Edited)
:thumbup: Wow. This was fast. I am in shock. Kudos to Emission and Llando88 for making this happen. Now if I post something on-topic in here, will it result in a report, ban or deletion? I'm confused, it's messing with my mind. :eek:

This makes me want to turn my sig into purple, as a drop in the bucket to support Emission after the hefty 25% moderator pay-cut he took for the team. :D

#76 ·
Now if I post something on-topic in here, will in result a report, ban or deletion?
Yep, almost immediately.

Of course, if you make a small contribution to our shared Nigerian bank account, we could let you slide.

J/K
:bigpimp:

#74 ·
Hi

#75 ·
Jeez...came in here for OT discussion...and you guys are talking about...cars. Sheesh. :rolleyes: :bigpimp:

#77 ·
You are all going to be sued!

I have just had a message from the "Personal Messaging" system.

They feel that the E9X OT thread violates their CBA ans are suing anyone who post personal message material in E9X OT.

The PM section is debating whether or not to decertify. If they do decertify, they will be bringing an anti-trust law suit against Bimmerfest E9X forum and affiliated forums.

This is of course, a personal message from PM to OT and thus they will be suing themselves, and me as well for being an accessory.

#78 ·
An M3 is a midlife-poseurs car.

An Audi isn't a luxury car.

There is no "Sports Sedan". They're all Family Sedan's.

A Station Wagon can never be a "Sports" anything.

The average 3 Series is owned by a 47 year old woman. For every 22 year old male, there's a 70 year old woman too

An ///M Sport is a real M car sanctioned by BMW themselves.

My wife and I average $850,000 a year combined.

Leasing is smarter than owning, costs more in the long run.

You drive a BMW for the status. Deny it publicly all you want, but you know it's the truth.

Mr. & Mrs. Camry hate you and your BMW no matter how much of a "regular guy" you try to come across as.

BMW spent millions over several decades to create the perception of yuppie status. Don't fight it; embrace it.

There are no "performance enthusiasts". That's a savvy myth designed to make you feel less stupid for overpaying for an underfeatured car.

It doesn't matter that BMW's are taxi's in Germany. They're expensive luxury cars here where it counts.

Driving a diesel screams "I am poor" and covers the infant in the back seat in soot.

You drive an old used car bought with Bar Mitzvah money. You're not one of us.

300 HP engines mean nothing in a country with 65 MPH speed zones.

Dusting a minivan mom in a school zone doesn't make you cool.

Driving fast defeats the purpose of a BMW which gets it's kills standing perfectly still.

BJ

#79 · (Edited)
My wife and I average $850,000 a year combined.
Your trophy wife works? She can't be considered a trophy wife anymore. In fact, I'd go as far to assume that she's the bread winner in the mcmansion. Isn't she!? Isn't she!? Peasant. :D

#89 ·
My first post since going purple. I believe Emission now has to serve me beer and food at the next C2C event!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.