BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Got 325I again!!!

1K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  richard 
#1 · (Edited)
After I sold E-36 325I in year 2000; today, I got another 325I again, nothing fancy, SP, PP, Bi-XENON, and Germany made :rofl:

#8 ·
andy_thomas said:
Any reason why?
I would rather have a German car come from Germany...the fatherland. As far as I know the SA builds are just as good. To me, however, there is just something more meaningful when it comes from Germany. I can't explain it...

#10 ·
richard said:
"Fatherland"? Now you're scaring me. You don't have some other type of insignia on your car besides the spinning propeller do you?
LOL you guys, too much History Channel.

Congrats Punto! Can't wait to see the pics. Make sure you find that owners manual. :rofl: :angel: And take it to the twisties.

#11 ·
Akakubi said:
LOL you guys, too much History Channel.

Congrats Punto! Can't wait to see the pics. Make sure you find that owners manual. :rofl: :angel: And take it to the twisties.
I went back to dealer to get it tonight :mad: and make an appoint for reprograming the keys. my dealer is pretty cool, they are willing to give me a lonar car for that period of time. :thumbup:

#12 ·
richard said:
"Fatherland"? Now you're scaring me. You don't have some other type of insignia on your car besides the spinning propeller do you?
Yes, I was thinking that :).

The bloodline of the people building my car is not important to me. Its design and the quality of the factory's output are.

I suppose the build location is all about "originality" for some people. But if the South Africans (or, for that matter, the Americans) can build them better than the Germans, I'd rather my car was built by the most competent factory, personally. As of last year, that was Rosslyn.

#15 ·
richard said:
Andy,

I agree with you. It's the engineering that makes a good car. The factory just assembles the bits. By the way, I see you are from London. Love the city. I've been there twice and want to go again. Is it still really hard to get to the British GP.
Yes, it's still a PITA. The roads to Silverstone, despite imrpovements, still have insufficient capacity. It takes so long to get in that Bernie is considering moving the British GP either to somewhere else, or move the British GP off the calendar altogether - which would be ironic, as almost every car on the grid is built in the UK :(.

A bypass has been built around Silverstone village, which avoids the need to go through the village and improve car park access. Silverstone village itself is a tiny place, which did not appreciate the traffic load and shenanigans that go on at race weekend. As the village has been there for around 760 years longer than the modern-day circuit, their greivances are quite understandable!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.