1) Rogue Octane SSK
2) X-Brace
3) Tranny mounts
4) SS brakelines
5) Redline fluids for tranny and diff

Seems like a nice start to me. :D

#6 ·
chukiechz said:
I think ATF is recommended for the zf trannies. I need to get some myself to top off. I got a slow tranny leak thats smokes when it hits the cats. Very nasty smell:bawling:
If you need a local source for Redline, go to Mesa Performance on Newport across the 55 from the fairgrounds.

#9 ·
nate328Ci said:

ATF is thinner, and likely doesn't protect the gears as well. Might want to consider MTL for better gearbox life and heat considerations at the track...
Ya I'm aware of that. I've got to talk to someone (Redline?) and see if there is anything bad about running MTL in a ZF or to see how ATF does under track conditions. ATF does better in the cold...and I am in Seattle.

I'll eventually install a tranny cooler so that may take care of it.

#16 ·
in_d_haus said:

Ya I'm aware of that. I've got to talk to someone (Redline?) and see if there is anything bad about running MTL in a ZF or to see how ATF does under track conditions. ATF does better in the cold...and I am in Seattle.

I'll eventually install a tranny cooler so that may take care of it.
My local shop and Redline dealer recommended MTL...

He said that the primary reason for using ATF in a manual is for better cold weather shifting, but at the cost of increased wear. Seems to make sense.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.