just want to see all of your sweet rides
lets see some BIMMER POWER :thumbup:
POST A PICTURE OF YOUR E36 :D

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

your turn :p

See less See more
#10,884 ·
Sounds awesome, but I work 7 days a week until the end of march....

Then I go back to 6 days a week, so maybe then. If not, are you going to bimmerfest?

#10,885 ·
Yup. The wheels are just temporary. I'm slapping a RH 5-spoke there, I'm just letting my friend borrow it coz the tire is almost gone and he said he's gonna replace it once its busted and give it back to me, so that's a win! (Idk what's going on in his head but yeah). And yeah, I have the pics with the stance of the car with coils already, I just don't know whether its in my computer right now, or in some flash drive/memory card somewhere. But I will be putting more pics soon.

And thank you for the warm welcome! :D

#10,886 · (Edited)

Painting the....mouldings black
I know you already painted them, but in case you have to do it again in the future, you should know that those trim pieces pull off and pop right back on. It would be much easier and safer to paint them when removed from the car. Only takes a few minutes to remove, and no tools are required.

Anyhow, congrats.

#10,887 ·
I know you already painted them, but in case you have to do it again in the future, you should know that those trim pieces pull off and pop right back on. It would be much easier and safer to paint them when removed from the car. Only takes a few minutes to remove, and no tools are required.

Anyhow, congrats.
Karl that is a great point that none of us thought of lol...that would make life easier next time and also I used back to black to bring my trim back to life.

#10,891 · (Edited)
The front & rear bumper trim is pretty durable and will not bend or break if you remove it using even just a little care. The side trim will not bend or break either if you slowly remove them one clip at a time. Using a plastic trim remover or putty knife will help, too. The only risk is that you will break the brittle mounting clips on the side trim, but those are easily replaced. Anyhow, removing the trim is the prudent thing to do by a huge margin. You will ensure that you get perfect paint coverage with no tape lines, no time wasted setting up newspaper and tape protection, and no paint on the car's body. Removing them also allows you to properly prep and wash the trim before painting. I thoroughly washed my trim in the kitchen sink before I dyed it.

Karl that is a great point that none of us thought of lol...that would make life easier next time and also I used back to black to bring my trim back to life.
Don't even bother using Back to Black on your trim. It does not work AT ALL for any trim that will be exposed to water. I first used Back to Black on my trim, and it washed off within two weeks and looked worse than before I had used it. What you want to use is a dye, not a wax or paint. I used the trim dye from Griot's garage on my car and it has been looking awesome for over a year now. It permanently dyes the trim black. Wax products such as Back to Black are temporary and produce lackluster results. Paint products work okay, but they will alter the texture of the trim slightly (smoothing effect), and you also have to worry about the paint flaking off in the future due to poor prep. The Griots trim dye is easily the best product available for bringing old faded trim back to life. Only place I would consider using Back to Black would be under the hood or somewhere that does not get exposed to water. Even then, I don't think I'd bother using it since the Griot's product is so much better (and did I mention it's permanent? :)).

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/bumper+trim+reconditioner.do?sortby=ourPicks

#10,895 · (Edited)
I applied it well over a year ago, perhaps 1.5 years ago, and it still looks as good as the day I did it. I still have plenty left in the bottle if I ever need it, but so far, it's holding up excellently. It's a true dye, which seeps in and bonds with the plastic (like a wood stain does). All the other trim reconditioners out there are just wax based topical coatings which wash off quickly.

#10,896 ·
I applied it well over a year ago, perhaps 1.5 years ago, and it still looks as good as the day I did it. I still have plenty left in the bottle if I ever need it, but so far, it's holding up excellently. It's a true dye, which seeps in and bonds with the plastic (like a wood stain does). All the other trim reconditioners out there are just wax based topical coatings which wash off quickly.
Thanks...im buying some now!

#10,897 · (Edited)
You won't be disappointed. The only problem I had with it was that it would not bond to the super smooth plastic on my side mirror housings. That could have been because I had previously used Back to Black on them, though. It stayed on everything else very good, though.

I removed my trim, washed and dried it thoroughly, and then applied three coats of the dye. You can do more or fewer coatings depending on how dark you want the trim to be. Mine was pretty faded, so it took three. Also, it's advertised on their website that you can use it without removing the trim from the car or even using masking tape. I would not recommend this. You really need to remove the trim.

Anywho, I need to dye my outside door handles when the weather gets nice. Funny that Griots used a black E36 as their demo car in the tutorial video. :rofl: They're only about 40 minutes away from me (and their showroom is awesome), but I swear it wasn't my car.

#10,898 ·
You won't be disappointed. The only problem I had with it was that it would not bond to the super smooth plastic on my side mirror housings. That could have been because I had previously used Back to Black on them, though. It stayed on everything else very good, though.

I removed my trim, washed and dried it thoroughly, and then applied three coats of the dye. You can do more or fewer coatings depending on how dark you want the trim to be. Mine was pretty faded, so it took three. Also, it's advertised on their website that you can use it without removing the trim from the car or even using masking tape. I would not recommend this. You really need to remove the trim.

Anywho, I need to dye my outside door handles when the weather gets nice.
Cool deal thanks...yea I will remove them and wash/scrub them with hot soapy water and dry it up. Then apply it. Thanks Karl