BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2005 E65 Transmission

765 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  r1skrdr 
#1 ·
I have a 2005 (pre 03/05) E65. I love it but sometimes I have zero faith in the transmission. It almost feels like driving something with DCT, in that you feel the RPMs going up then slowly the car moves - not a 1-1 ratio. Also sometimes I get the "slamming" when going slowly, usually up hills if I recall correctly. I had the guibo replaced and that solved a whole other issue. Dealer said there were no faults in the system, like a missed shift or whatever. My CPO and Extended Maint are up in Feb. Trying to decide wether to keep (requires $2K of tires now) or trade in. Help!

#2 ·
I have a 2004 745 and I feel the same thing when I first take off. Almost feels like the brake is on. But once the car gets going, it's drives good. I love my 745 also but my warranty expired recently and now I only drive it on the weekends. Seems like every time I take it in to the dealer it's costing me at least 2k of repairs!!! I ended buying a Honda civic for a commuter car for work. Co workers make fun of me but when I bring the 7 series on Friday with my new 22inch rims, they all know whos the boss! Lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.