BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

528i M52TU overheating Aux Fan suspect

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  kbnn_ 
#1 ·
I noticed my engine is prone to overheating when standing still, idling or moving slowly. I have replaced radiator and all hoses and thermostat and sensors and then I noticed that the Auxiliary Fan is not staying on, even when the car is getting hot. With a volt meter I checked the voltage on the 4 pin (3 only used) connector for the Aux Fan. It read 6.2 volts at the time I checked it. I understand that the EMC regulates the voltage to slow down or speed up the fan according to the temperature of the coolant fluid and exhaust however how can I determine which part is going out? Is it the Fan motor? or one of the relay switches or the EMC? Suggestions??? Thank you

#3 · (Edited)
if your car overheating, you should probably do cooling system overhaul, plenty of DIY on this forum.
My aux fan was broken, extracted, and i ride without it more than a year (43000km), i don't know what is it for

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.